Chapter 1

Harry pov

A letter. All it took to change my whole life was a letter.

I was just cleaning the attic, like any typical day with the Dursleys, when it happened. I have always felt drawn towards a particular corner of the attic but I never dared to go look for it. I knew the Dursleys would have killed me if they saw me looking through their things, much less opened something that wasn’t designated as mine. Like always I felt the same today but I couldn’t resist it any longer. There hidden among shadows was a black trunk with a skull as a lock. I would have missed it completely if I wasn’t looking so intently at the corner. It looked very creepy and familiar.

I neared the trunk, my heart pounding against my chest. I ran my hand over the dark and smooth wood of the trunk, feeling a sort of remembrance. The wood was stangly cool to the touch, my cooler than the rest of the attic. I louch the skull shaped lock, when to my surprise it opened with a small hiss, I lifted up the lid, not sure what could possibly be inside. It contained a letter, a skull ring and a photo album.

I picked up the letter with a trembling hand, my breath catching when I saw that the letter was addressed to me.

Dear son,

If you are reading this letter then I am dead but believe me I loved you so very much.

I hope you are living with Sirius and know all about your heritage. But if you are not then read this letter to the last. Before I start, believe me I am not joking.
You are a wizard, my son and I are a witch. There is a whole secret society of us. Has anything unexpected ever happened to you or around you? That’s accidental magic. You learn to control it after age 11 when you go to Hogwarts. You are already enrolled there.

It’s not your only heritage. Have you ever heard of Greek mythology? Well they are real, all of them. Your father is Hades. King of the underworld. That makes you a demigod. There is proof for this as well. Do you have trouble reading or do the letters always seem to float on the page, mixing around? It’s dyslexia; all demigods have it. It’s because your brain is hardwired to read ancient greek. And you must have been diagnosed as ADHD. All demigods have it too. It's because you are hardwired for battles. They are your battle reflexes. It has kept many demigods alive. Don't get excited. It’s not as cool as it sounds. You have a scent that attracts monsters but if my plan is successful you should not have to worry much as long as you don’t stay outdoors too much. Learn Greek mythology as much as you can. It may be very useful in the near future. And never go to the air ever! Avoid the sea too if you can.

Remember don’t mention any of this to any one. Burn this letter after this, don't throw it. Burn it and make sure it’s total ash. We can't risk it to reach Aeolus or any wind gods.  Names have powers so don’t say any god’s name out loud if you can help it. Also join martial arts classes  it may help you.

I Love you son, never doubt that and James loved you too.

Your mum,
Lily

I didn’t know what to say or think after reading this, in fact I didn’t think so. I just sat there with the letter in my hands, not knowing what to do. I took all of 5 minutes to fully sink in. I am crying openly now. It’s nice to know my Mom loved me but what about my father? Did he love me? Why didn’t he come to me?  This answers questions I didn't even know I had, but it raises so many more. It’s so hard to believe but she has proof. I do struggle with reading, I always have.

I thought back to the very few doctor appointments I have gone to when I remembered being diagnosed with both ADHD and dyslexia. There have been other unexplainable things too. Animals don't like me. Most of the kids are scared of me even though I haven't done anything. I have seen some monsters too. And those things about accidental magic! I turned the teacher's wig blue once and I teleported myself to the roof when Dudley and his group were chasing me.

The letter said there are others like me, which I hope is true. Maybe I will finally make friends. Maybe others didn't want to be friends with me because I was different and they could feel it.
Well I will have to do as the letter says.

Beta'ed by RandomSlytherin7