Chapter 12

My first year at Hogwarts is finally over. It was more fun than I thought it would be. Probably, magic and the adventure we had had something to do with it. I have made friends too! Hermione had started hanging out with us since the troll incident. And the twins were good friends to Lou and indirectly to me. Both were pranksters like Lou. After Riddle had fled, I fulfilled my promise to fluffy and took her to the underworld. She and the Cerberus have finally solved their issues. She is now responsible for guarding the palace. Teachers nearly had a heart attack. They didn’t broadcast it like the stone incident. Noone knew anything had happened at all. But the worry could be seen in their face. I felt sorry looking at Hagrid’s heartbroken face, but I can’t tell him about her whereabouts. Even if I said it, he wouldn't be able to comprehend it being mortal and all. And she herself wanted to leave him. She is very grateful to Hagrid for raising her but the creature of the underworld can’t be happy outside of it forever. He will have to come to terms with it. Which I am sure he will. Lou had at least managed to convince him that she was safe using the mist. 

We arrived at king cross at five p.m. I then took her to the camp through shadow travel. It was about midday there. Everybody was busy at different classes.

We informed Chiron about our arrival and headed towards the Hermes cabin, then went to our respective bunks. I don’t know what Lou did, but I crashed straight to the bed. Shadow traveling through such a long distance was tiring.

I woke up sometime after midnight. Time lag is so annoying. It would have been a morning in Britain. I don’t know what to do now and I couldn’t go back to sleep either, so I travelled out of there to the underworld and headed towards the Cerberus. He always liked playing with me. Then I could hang out at Elysium for a while. There are lots of cool people out there.

I didn’t get a chance to do it though.

There were living people here in the underworld. They had already gotten past Cerberus too who was playing with a red rubber ball. Huh? So, they have figured out his weakness. There was someone smart there. According to my father, those who try to enter always fight with him with very low success obviously.

And was it Percy there? What is he doing here? Has father finally captured him? He didn’t look like he was captured, though. And what would the other two be doing here? There was Annabeth and a satyr with him. Well, the satyr was flying using winged shoes? I thought they belonged to Hermes and some few cabin members. And others were running after him. Perhaps they escaped? But they weren't running towards the exit, they were running towards..

Di immortales! They are running towards Tartarus.

I immediately enlarged my sceptre and slammed it. They froze when my shadow connected. Well, the satyr fell to the ground when the wings froze along with him. Other two collapsed as well when I released my hold. The Satyr immediately took out his shoes before it started flying and plunged straight into the Tartarus.

The satyr was scratched up pretty badly. His hands were bleeding. Others were panting too.

I went up to them and said, “What do you think you are doing? You would have fallen into Tartarus. You are lucky I was here on time. You would have been stuck there for eternity otherwise and nobody would have known.”

They paled.

“I don’t know how ...” the satyr panted. “I didn’t...”

"Wait," percy said. "Listen."

Listen what? Then there it was I heard something—a deep whisper in the darkness.

"We have to get out of here," I said. "Great evils lurk here."

Together, we dragged Grover to his hooves and I took them out of there through shadow travel.

Not a moment too soon it seems.