Chapter 3

I woke up in a dark room lighted in corners by green fire in braziers. Room was huge, about triple the size of Dudley’s bedroom. I was asleep in a gigantic king sized bed decorated with bone shapes and black metal. It was super comfortable. Room was decorated with plants made of different gems. There was a closet and chest in opposite side. I could see a window on the side of my bed.

“My prince,” said a voice from door. I looked up to see a zombie like creature in the door.

“Lord Hades has summoned you, my prince.” Said the zombie.

I got off the bed and followed her to the throne room. The entry hall had a polished bronze floor, which seemed to boil in the reflected torchlight. There was no ceiling, just the cavern roof, far above. I guess they never had to worry about rain down here. Every side doorway was guarded by a skeleton in military gear. Some wore Greek armour, some British redcoat uniforms, some camouflage with tattered American flags on the shoulders.

They carried spears or muskets or M-16s. None of them bothered us, but their hollow eye sockets followed us as we walked down the hall toward the enormous set of doors at the opposite end. I was standing in a vast throne room with black marble walls and bronze floors. Sitting on the throne made from human bones fused together was Hades, my father. He was at least ten feet tall, and dressed in black silk robes and a crown of braided gold. His skin was albino white, his hair shoulder-length and jet black. He radiated power. He lounged on his throne of fused human bones, looking lithe, graceful, and dangerous as a panther.

There was another empty, smaller throne next to Hades’s. It was shaped like a black flower, gilded with gold. Probably for Persephone, his wife, Queen of underworld.

When he sat forward in his throne, shadowy faces appeared in the folds of his black robes, faces of torment, as if the garment were stitched with trapped souls from the Fields of Punishment, trying to get out.

“Father” I said.

“Harry” Hades replied.

Throughout the year, I always thought about things I would say to Hades after meeting him, but no sound escaped my mouth.

“You have successfully shadow travelled to the underworld. Good job. It’s not a simple thing to do.” He said.

“Thanks..” I replied unsurely.

“Can stay here now?” I asked nervously.

“Of course! You can spend your time here as much as you want. But you will have to return to the mortal world soon. Mortal can’t stay here longer. It’s better if you stay at camp half-blood.”

I don’t think he is social, quite like me, in fact. He assigned me several teachers to get mortal education several dead heroes to learn to fight. According to him, I have a huge inheritance waiting for me up in the mortal world, so I will be learning finances as well.

He also informed me of the nuances of my heritage. Apparently, wizards are mortals blessed by Hectate. And I have the blessing of Aphrodite as well. My mom had been prayed the gods and sacrificed herself for my life. Her love has placed a powerful shield upon me. According to him, people who have forgotten love and succumbed to hatred can’t physically touch me. They can still harm me with weapons, but they will be unable to touch my bare skin. It's especially powerful against some mortal named Tom Riddle, to save from whom mom had sacrificed her life. He warned me to be wary of others. Due to the influence of the three gods, I will be more powerful than regular demigods.

I returned to my room and crashed straight into bed. From tomorrow, my classes will begin. It will be fun to learn from legends.