Chapter Sixteen: A dream

I can't unsee
Visions of thee
A sight unseen
before this night
laid bare
A sight
A sight
tangled with thee
Limb in limb
lips entwined
A symphony
taste thy pleasure
fill thy cup
take me higher
slow right up
from thy throbbing tip
one lick,
vault lines shift
Magma roars
internal pressure
lava soars
the plates shift
the earth moves
with you within me
this is new

"Hey" Willa says coming through the sheer curtain that sits between the hotel room and the balcony "What are you doing" she asks me.

I turn to see her, her pink shoulders still looking angry as she sits beside me on the opposite lounger. I sit holding myself as if in a hug, my chin upon my knees that are scooped up within my embrace. "I'm waiting for the sun rise" I whisper training my eyes back on the ocean, before us, as a light begins to appear, slow and sure, bathing slowly, seeping unstoppable over the magnificent island we sit upon. An awakening, as I had felt this past night when Willa, in my dreams, awakened a stirring, a longing and I was thrust into an awakening I could not still nor slow. I wouldn't be able to look at her in the same way again, my mind had forsaken me, throwing me into the blinding truth of it, the realisation, the confronting fact, that Willa was more than a friend to me, which I already knew, but that she was someone I desired, that I wanted to love fully. I wanted all of Willa. I wanted to kiss her, to hold her, and to feel her skin on my own. I couldn't turn that off now and it couldn't be unseen, the bare, naked truth of it...

I long for you.

"It's beautiful" she whispers and her voice has me gaze upon her once more, her long dark hair lightened in the blinding rays that spill over her now, like she wears a crown of gold, a royal glow. Her lips rise in a comforting smile and she looks to me lovingly. I sigh internally. I wonder when the time will come when I can let the words leave me, the ones that dare to reveal too much, too soon, because they have been held back for so long...And when I finally do...I can only hope that she feels it too, and if she does...I will beg for her forgiveness and her leniency. I will whisper if she can still hear me over my thunderous heartbeat... I will whisper "Take my hand" but I won't mean to hold. I will mean to have ... to have and to hold... till death do us part and then into eternity... an everlasting sunrise.

We lived with sunsets...we lay with sunrises... pure and true...forever with you.

Didn't see,
you standing there
All along like my favourite song
The thrilling beat
The comforting chorus
The delightful harmony
always moreish
On repeat
Never tiring
Will you sing it,
One day for me,
A song you named,
Allie
Oh, Allie

"It is" I agree looking back with her as our hotel is lit up under the suns watchful gaze. "Are you going snorkelling with Morgan today and the boys" I ask her.

She turns in thought, taking a moment to consider it "no I don't think so... I'm pretty sure I should spend the day out of the sun" and she wiggles her shoulders at me and raises her eyebrows jovially "I peaked yesterday"

I let out a little laugh at her cute face and her wiggling shoulders "you sure did" I agree.

"Are you" she asks.

I stand up and stretch my arms out. "No I hate the open ocean" I admit "Ben wants to take Harper but the thought makes me nervous. I will see what she's thinking this morning about it"

"Okay" Willa replies, standing and walking back into the hotel room "Well if they go and leave you alone... you will find me in the hotel spa"

"Okay...I will seek you out" I return, putting my shoes back on "I better get back before Harper wakes up"