Chapter Twenty Six: Please come

Willa,

I understand your need to free yourself from this wanting, from the missing of me, because I sometimes feel as if we are cursed to spend life apart. Take the time you need, but first...

Willa, I have news, something more important than us and I hope it finds you in time...

My mama is sick. I have moved in to help care for her, daddy doesn't know what to do, and he is as useless as a chocolate teapot. I'm not sure how long she has left with us, but I want you to know now so that you can come back. I know it will be painful... but she asked after you today and she wants to see you one last time before she leaves this world behind. I promise if you return I won't tell a soul you are here, it will be between us. Will you come for my mama Willa? She prays you will and all I can do is ask. You know how she loves you like another daughter, she always has. I found your cards last week in her dresser. I know you sent them to her every year and it wasn't just a card, you gave her updates on your life that you never even gave me... she knew it all didn't she?! I had no idea.

Please come,

We love you,

Allie and Mama Anderson. xxx

- I have included some pictures mama said to send... they are of you and the family spanning many years. She wanted you to receive them and to remind you that whatever happens, you will always have them and that they all love you. And before you ask yes of course she knows you are gay, she doesn't care. I think you will appreciate the one of us both in church when we are six... holding hands and listening intently to the scripture being read. God we were cute!! Anyway, I love you Willa xx