[ 8 ] goddamn kanima

008. GODDAMN KANIMA

                     AFTER Tracy had freaked out in the high school, Scott had managed to get her to the animal clinic for Deaton's help, and having texted Stiles, Malia and Aspen to meet him there—the four of them now stood around the metallic be...

AFTER Tracy had freaked out in the high school, Scott had managed to get her to the animal clinic for Deaton's help, and having texted Stiles, Malia and Aspen to meet him there—the four of them now stood around the metallic bed, staring at an unconscious Tracy, as Deaton performed some tests on her.

"Pupils dilate under normal conditions." Deaton stated as he made some observations, "Heart rate is 250... evidence of an allogeneic skin graft on the right shoulder." He then shone a small torch light over her mouth, "Now, this silvery substance at her lips is not something I've seen. It almost looks like mercury."

"Uh... can't you just give her a shot of something?" Malia asked anxiously.

"She doesn't look to be in any pain..." Deaton replied.

"I meant a shot to kill her."

After a small, awkward pause, Deaton replied "I generally prescribe to a code of ethics that frowns on such measures..."

Aspen turned to the werecoyote, "Malia—you know we're not gonna kill her, okay?"

"How do you know she's not going to kill us?" Malia shot back right at the brunette.

"She—" Stiles said hesitantly, "makes a decent point... Either way, I'm going to have to let my dad know she's here."

"Agreed." Deaton nodded, "And, while I may argue against euthanasia, I'm not opposed to a little... extra security."

The four teenagers then watched as Deaton unscrewed the lid to a jar of mountain ash—and scattered it to create a barrier at the door to the clinic. Meaning, at least for Scott, Malia, Aspen and Tracy—there was no way out.

"Don't worry, Stiles—" Deaton said to the hazel-eyed boy, who was staring at the mountain ash barrier worriedly, "Tracy won't be able to cross a line of mountain ash. She's not going anywhere."

"Yeah, that's kind of what I'm afraid of..." Stiles murmured in reply, his hands resting on the metal surface.

"Well, you and I will be able to get out of here, no problem." Deaton said to him, then turned to look at the other three in the room— "You three? Not so much..."

Malia stood by the door, and curiously held her hand out to the barrier cautiously—and when she touched it and couldn't pass through, she commented "Weird..."

"Scott, Aspen—would you guys mind holding her down?" Deaton said to the other two supernatural teenagers, "I'm going to be trying a few more invasive tests."

Scott and Aspen nodded agreeingly, walking around closer to Tracy, each of them holding her down by the arms. Deaton then took a small, sharp blade to one of her forearms—and tried to slice through her skin—only for the healing to be instant. It didn't even leave a scratch.