[ 23 ] i don't deserve you

023. I DON'T
DESERVE YOU

🎵 Half the World Away — AURORA

                             AFTER a slightly traumatic night filled with uneasy revelations and haunting memories being triggered, Stiles was pacing through the hospital late at night trying desperately to find his girlfriend. Aspen was roaming around somewhere without a phone, so he couldn't just send a text or dial a call, which made him stressed twenty-four-seven in a town like this. He was just turning around the corner towards the front desk where Melissa was still on her shift, and the woman looked up and saw the Stilinski boy and his evident distress.

"Melissa, have you seen Aspen?" he asked Scott's mother, "I mean— has she come in here at any point tonight?"

"I'm sorry Stiles, I haven't seen her." Melissa replied, "Have you tried giving her a call? I'm sure she's fine, wherever she is."

"Her phone broke, she hasn't had time to get a new one yet— so I can't call her. The last time I saw her was at school this afternoon, I know I'm probably just freaking out for nothing but—"

Before he could finish his sentence, the double doors to the hospital were being opened, making both Melissa and Stiles turn their heads to see who it was.

Stiles' eyes met Aspen's in that one moment, and instantly he was able to let out a deep breath of relief as he walked over to her, ready to melt into each other's embraces. After the night that he had had, the only thing he wanted was to have his girlfriend in his arms and pretend everything was okay between them, just for a night. No matter how bad things got, her gaze would never fail to provide him with all the comfort he could ever need in the world

Stiles rushed over to her and instantly engulfed his arms around her, holding onto her in an embrace of affection. The brunette girl instantly returned it, wrapping her arms around his back and holding him close. She knew Stiles better than she knew anyone in this world— she knew his tells, she knew how to read him even without the supernatural ability to sense his chemosignals. She could tell when something had happened to him and he didn't want to talk about it, when all he wanted was to just hold her and make the pain go away, even if she didn't know what that pain was.

She had no idea that he had just lived through a past memory of his mother on the rooftop of this hospital.

She had no idea that he had had a run-in with Theo, and she had no idea the things Theo had said to him.

All she knew was she wanted to hold onto him and never let go.

"You need to get a new phone," Stiles managed to say in a humorous way, holding her close, "I got worried something happened to you."

"I'm fine, I've just been with Kira at the library." she told him truthfully, "I asked her if she could text Scott and see if he was with you, then she told me you and Lydia came here."