Chapter 03 - to be something

"I still like you, Cheong-san."
Su-hyeok's voice broke through the silence, forcing the other to look at him. His eyes still closed, he slowly began to turn towards Cheong-san. Finally, he dared to look at him. He looked back.
"I..." he started unsteadily, "I liked you too."

SU-HYEOK

Liked.
He'd felt something for me. He didn't anymore, but I understood why. I truly did. 
"I'm sorry I ruined it."
He shook his head, "No. No you didn't. You were just scared. I get it."
We were sat completely facing each other, holding each other's hands.
"I think I still do," he glanced down.
"Still what?"
"Like you."
He lifted his head back up, smiling but slightly embarrassed.
"Really?" I shuffled closer to him.
He nodded.

CHEONG-SAN

I'd finally told him, and he'd told me, but I didn't know where we would go from that. Maybe we'd just start the endless loop of us liking one another, but never acting on it. That's what happened in some of those films, right? I didn't want that to be us.
"Maybe... if we give it some time... we could... be... something."
I'd set a boundary.
Good.

But not really.
I wanted to be with him now.

After everything I'd yelled at him earlier, I suppose I couldn't instantly move on to a confession of love then straight into a relationship.
"I'd like that. To be something with you."
Maybe I should have. It was clear we both wanted this, but feared acting upon the want, and for any progress to be made.

SU-HYEOK

I probably should've been pissed at him for yelling at me, calling me a coward, but I could never feel that way about Cheong-san. I was lucky enough to be told that he liked me back, and now be was saying that all he needed was a bit of time and we could be something.

I could wait.
I'd been waiting since I realised it was him.
I could wait longer.

I wanted him to hold me, but that was probably a step too close to, well, a relationship. Which we weren't in. I knew I would constantly had to remind myself, a bit like how I had to tell myself Cheong-san was straight, and even if he wasn't, would never like me, whenever he had ever said something remotely nice to me.
Which, seemed to me, to be all the time.

CHEONG-SAN

I wanted to hold him. I stood up slightly, changing my positioning to comfortably wrap my arms around him. He appeared to sink into it, his head resting on my lap, curling the rest of his body so he fit perfectly against my legs. I felt as he slipped into a deep sleep, and I played with his hair. Occasionally, he let out little tired groans, causing me to smile. He looked so perfect and I all I could was just watch him.
My Su-hyeok.
My legs were numbing with the weight of his head, but I didn't care. This was the definition of happiness.

It was only when the bell rang for the end of school that I actually remembered where we where.
"Shit, Su-hyeok," I shook him lightly, "Su-hyeok wake up!"
I started to panic, thinking that if he didn't wake up soon, we'd be locked in at school.
He groaned, pulling his blazer above his head, trying to mute my voice.
"Hey, dumbass," I tapped his head, "We're at fucking school."
Slowly, Su-hyeok came to. He realised faster than I had.
"Shit!"
He struggled to stand, tripping over me, and falling in an ungraceful heap. All I could was laugh, as my legs were completely numb and refused to move. He glared at me as he stood up, and grabbed his bag from the other side of the room.
"Hey, Su... could you help me up? Your head's so fucking heavy."
Now he laughed, eventually taking my arm and pulling me up. I limped with my arm wrapped around his shoulder all the way home.

"See you tomorrow?" he smiled.
My legs had gained feeling about half way home, but I refused to tell him that, so now I was sat in a chair in the restaurant with him standing in front of me.
"What about tonight?" I grinned at him.

SU-HYEOK

I felt panic flash across my face, "Uh, tonight?"
He nodded, a smirk appearing.
"W-why?"
"Just... meet me. You know the building site a few streets away?"
I nodded.
"Meet me there at nine."
I nodded again, said my goodbyes, and left.

On my way home, I tried thinking about what Cheong-san had planned, but all the thoughts made me nervous.
I tried to shake them off and just think of us.

Us.
I couldn't see the smile on my face as I entered my house. My parents were thankfully out, meaning I could just flop on the sofa, put some music on, and think. I settled down, loosening my tie, and throwing my blazer and bag on the floor. I rolled onto my stomach and unlocked my phone. I wanted to text him, but instead, I opened Instagram and scrolled to the first post on his account, like a fucking stalker. I didn't want to be that type of person, continuously looking at all accounts of the person I liked, but he looked so perfect on every post that I couldn't stop scrolling. I wouldn't stop until my parents came back.

They didn't know about... well, me... and how I felt about other guys. That was the only good reason I could think of for Cheong-san and myself not being together, other than my own fear of rejection. I was scared what they would say, and, hell, it was likely enough that they would kick me out with no money, no food, nothing. Then news would spread. And I'd be alone once again.

I wouldn't tell them. There was no way I was letting them come between Cheong-san and me. We were about to be something.

Fuck them.

_____

A/N i won't be consistently posting daily - just the first four chapters because they're all finished, but i'll try posting weekly once they're posted... if i can lol
also omg thank you so much for the votes and stuff
<3