Chapter 20 - alone up in his head

Since 'the incident', as Su-hyeok called it, there, was an overhanging awkwardness and tension between him and Cheong-san's parents. Cheong-san had noticed it too, although he was far better at being comfortable around them, as he had known them his entire life.
Sleeping on the sofa wasn't so bad, even though it was old and a certain spring always managed to dig into him, no matter how he was laying – at least he had a roof over his head.

Every time Mrs Lee mentioned searching for a permanent place for him, Cheong-san always distracted her, sometimes going as far as breaking a glass or doing something more mundane, like sneezing very loudly. Miraculously, Mrs Lee hadn't realised the correlation between Cheong-san suddenly being a bit strange and the conversations about housing.
"Maybe she's deliberately acting like she didn't know because she's glad you're here," Cheong-san always insisted whenever Su-hyeok raised his concerns.
Su-hyeok thought from 'the incident' to now and how Mrs Lee had slowly begun to smile at him – genuine smiles, not the tight-lipped ones she gave him on the first few days of sleeping on the sofa. It made him feel less like a burden.

He made himself useful around the house – cleaning, grocery shopping, running errands, whenever he could – as a way to thank the Lees for their hospitality. At home, Cheong-san and Su-hyeok couldn't show any affection, meaning they grew touch-starved, so at any possible occasion at school, they were very physically close, unable to spend five minutes without making contact with the other. Over weekends, they would swap hoodies to replicate the scent and the feeling of being embraced.

SU-HYEOK

I was realising that I was turning into a dog with separation anxiety.
Whoops.
In my defence, Cheong-san appeared to be the same, if not worse, when it came to the craving of physical contact.

At break he would yank me into our bathroom, and start to kiss me, not bothering to check if anyone was around. The first day it happened I was flustered to say the least. I hadn't expected that from him. The rest of that day, I couldn't stop thinking about it, reverting back to my old self, the one that couldn't answer the simplest question the teacher asked.
Oh well. Cheong-san kissed me.
Like a fourteen year old girl, I was mentally screaming and dancing, butterflies going crazy in my stomach. God, I hadn't realised how much I had missed his touch, despite, at the time, it only being three days since last contact.

I still didn't expect it on the second or third day, but on the fourth I knew exactly where Cheong-san would be and what he was planning. I allowed him to snatch me into the bathroom, as usual, but my hand was fast enough to block his kiss. It wasn't that I didn't want it, because, fuck me, I really wanted to be kissed, but taunting him, just for a bit, would be more fun.

"Su-hyeok, what are you–?"
My finger trailed up to his lips, silencing him.
"Shush. You're always so desperate, I thought you might need to be taught how to wait."
Red flushed through his face. Cheong-san didn't speak. I had complete control.
Shit. It felt good.
I dropped my finger, choosing to curl my arm around his back, snapping him closer. If anyone had walked in, they might think we about to do the tango, except neither of us could dance.
Correction: I absolutely could not dance, and I'd never asked or seen Cheong-san. Maybe he was an expert. Or,  maybe he was just as terrible as me. I decided to ask him later.

For now though, there he was, in my arms, bright red, suddenly looking very shy.
"Cute," I whispered.
"Shut up," he mumbled.
I chuckled slightly causing him to lightly bring his knee to my stomach. I stepped back, faking pain, in a way that definitely was worthy of an Oscar.
"You're just going to have to wait for longer," I ran my tongue across my bottom lip, grinning.
"I hate you."

I had no idea Cheong-san was this needy, and as much as it validated me, it also made me want to mess with him for longer, despite my desire for his touch.
He glowered at me whilst leaning against the wall.

Fuck it.
I couldn't resist him anymore. I surged towards him, lifted him, holding his legs around my waist. There was no chance of Cheong-san's parents walking in on us this time, and a lot of students knew we'd claimed this bathroom, and those that didn't never came to this floor anyway, so we were completely safe. I didn't even care if Gwi-nam entered. It was exhilarating being so powerful and not giving a shit if anyone caught us.

I hit my lips on his. Cheong-san gasped, but immediately softened and relaxed. His hands crawled around my back and neck, kissing me with more passion.
I missed this.
We paused for a breath, both of us panting. I found my arms struggling to hold him up anymore. He knew too.
"Just put me down on the sinks."
My boyfriend was a genius.
I gently dropped him on the edge of one, so he could shuffled around and get comfortable.

"Can you kiss me again?"
"Since you asked so nicely," I winked.
"Just fucking kiss me, Su-hyeok!"
My name from his mouth could send me to my knees if he wanted me to.
I obliged, softly kissing him, which just seemed to piss him off.
"I said, kiss me."
I pushed my fingers through his hair, until I found the right spot. I grabbed it, forcing him to look up at me. He whimpered a little.
Hot.
God, my mind was disgusting. I shook my head to remind myself we were at school.

I finally gave in, slamming my mouth against his. We both cried out slightly with the impact. I didn't care anymore. Cheong-san was mine. I was Cheong-san's. No one could stop us or prevent us from being together. We were stronger together. Our arms entangled, eyes closed, not knowing where we were, ecstasy flowing throughout both of us. Tiny noises emerging from Cheong-san, repeated by me, over and over. Small pauses to regain breath. Back again. I didn't realise I was carrying Cheong-san again until I briefly opened my eyes. I grinned into the kiss.
"Stop smiling, I'm trying to kiss you!"
I clutched his hair, "Sorry."

______

A/N - 5k views??? thank you SO much <333

question- would you be interested in a one shot book (that has su-hyeok x cheong-san, but also other ships, some from aouad, but also semantic error, cherry blossoms after winter, and strangers from hell)??

<3