Chapter 06 - red hot

Despite all of his concerns, Su-hyeok hadn't needed to worry. The shirt from Cheong-san was, as expected, too small, but it would do for the day. The tie and blazer situation was sorted quite simply - by arriving at school early enough to go to Ms Park and explain that he didn't have either due to a mess up with the laundry that night, and both were still wet from the washing machine. However, the trousers were slightly more of an issue. No matter what time he arrived at, he couldn't walk into school wearing jeans without getting detention, which, frankly, Suhyeok told Cheong-san that he could not be bothered with. However, being in an apartment next door to On-jo was a gift that day. Cheong-san had pushed a note underneath the door asking her if she had anything that she wouldn't mind Su-hyeok borrowing.

Looking at himself in the bathroom mirror, Su-hyeok decided that On-jo hated him, or at least had some reason of wanting him to die of embarrassment. Su-hyeok was wearing a skirt. On-jo had an old one, which she'd been keeping in case of emergencies, which this was, according to Cheong-san.
"I'm going to kill you, Lee Cheong-san," he growled in the mirror.
"Are you now?" Cheong-san's head popped up behind him.
He was stood on his toes to whisper in Su-hyeok's ear, and he was hugging him.

SU-HYEOK

I was thankful that we managed to get to school early. That way, no one had been around to see me like this. But school had started and now break was nearly over. I'd successfully not been stared at during first lesson, but I had to run when it ended to hide in the bathrooms. Somehow I had to get to my second lesson without being seen, but I knew that was impossible.
"I hate you," I hissed at Cheong-san.
Technically, this wasn't his fault, but it had been his idea to ask On-jo. I rolled his eyes as Cheong-san blew a me kiss and strolled out of the bathroom.
"Fuck," I cursed.
I took a deep breath, poked my head out to check it was clear, and hurried to my next lesson.

Setting off later than everyone else was probably the worst decision I'd made in a long time. Everyone was already in lesson, so they all saw me.
Fuck. I could have slapped myself upon entering my lesson.
I was already five minutes late, which automatically meant people stared. The skirt only added to my embarrassment, which had already been amplified with Gwi-nam being in the best seat to see everything.

CHEONG-SAN

I admit that I felt at least partly guilty for Su-hyeok. He looked good - great actually. I was pissed at Gwi-nam, though. That smirk on his face. Just staring and laughing. Watching Su-hyeok turn bright red, staying completely still like his legs were stuck. I was going to kill him. I stood up, grabbed Su-hyeok's hand and dragged him to the seat next me. Thankfully, it was on the next to the wall, so he could hide for a bit, and hope that everyone would forget about the whole thing soon enough.

They didn't.

Throughout the lesson, Gwi-nam kept flicking notes over to us, all of which said almost exactly the same thing - 'gay', or if he really wanted to challenge his brain, 'you're gay'.
"How creative," I muttered, crumpling one.
To be fair to him, he was correct in thinking Su-hyeok liked guys, but whether or not he was gay, I didn't know. Gwi-nam had no idea that we were together, but an idea popped into my head that would really piss him off. Only if Su-hyeok agreed.
As soon as the lesson ended, I grabbed Su-hyeok and pulled him to the bathrooms.

SU-HYEOK

I knew it was serious if we'd gone to the bathroom. It seemed like everything we did started in a bathroom. How romantic.
"Su-hyeok," Cheong-san started with so much confidence that whatever it was he wanted to talk about I already agreed.
"Yes. I'm with you. Totally."
He stared back blankly, "What?"
"I'm... with you?"
"Do you even know what I'm about to say?"
I paused, "No."
"Then shush."
I nodded, waiting patiently.
"I saw how Gwi-nam was looking at you earlier, and I read the notes. We could prove him right. If we kissed. In front of him. Maybe on the roof?"
I instantly took back everything I said and thought earlier.
"I'm no longer with you. No way."
"Angel..."
Fuck. I closed my eyes slowly. Somehow I was going to have to build a resistance to that name, but this wasn't the day, nor the week, and probably not even the month.
"Fine," I said without thinking.
"And now we go to next lesson, write him a note saying what time, and go to the roof for then."

CHEONG-SAN

Both of us were late, which caused some whispers. After we'd apologised and sat down, I started to write the note to Gwi-nam. Su-hyeok occasionally tapped me, telling me to call him a dick, but I didn't want to risk actually getting killed by Gwi-nam. I wouldn't put it pass him.

Despite my initial confidence, I had started to doubt the plan. I wondered if we could even get on the roof, but I supposed even if we couldn't do it there, the point would still get across - that he didn't scare us.
Except he did. Well... me.
My stomach flipped a few times as I watched the hands on the clock count down to lunch. With three minutes to spare, I threw the note at Gwi-nam, which he instantly read, looked up at me, smirked, and mouthed "Fine," at me. I hadn't revealed anything in the note, but maybe I should have stated that we weren't going to fight, as he looked prepared.
I'm sure we'd be fine.

SU-HYEOK

I was quite sure that we were about to die.
At school.
On the roof.
Shit.