Chapter 05 - of angels and sinners

Cheong-san reached up, grasping Su-hyeok's face, pulling it closer. He stood on his toes to reach his face. Slowly, he closed his eyes, leaning in even closer. Their lips touched. Su-hyeok gasped, but quickly relaxed into the kiss, his arms wrapped around Cheong-san's waist, whilst Cheong-san's arms hung loosely around Su-hyeok's neck. They stayed like that for only a short period of time, but felt like eternity. Su-hyeok slowly pulled away, a mixture of shock and joy spread across his face.

SU-HYEOK

He just kissed me. Lee Cheong-san just kissed me.
"Th-thank y-you."
I could have kicked myself for firstly stumbling over my words, and secondly for thanking him. I was pretty sure that wasn't the done thing after a kiss.
"Y-you're welcome," he stuttered too, secretly making me glad, "You know, Su-hyeok, you look so good in this light. Like an angel."
Shit, I was blushing.
And now I wanted to kiss again.
"Can we do that again?" I whispered, directing it to the floor.

CHEONG-SAN

He was still blushing, which, in return, made me blush. I'd heard what he said about wanting to do it again.
"I'd like that," I whispered back.
Su-hyeok looked up at me, and I noticed how his eyes sparkled. Miraculously in sync with one another, we leaned in, and we kissed again.
Fuck. I'd never kissed anyone before him, but I knew that I never wanted to kiss another person except for Su-hyeok. He was perfect. My Su-hyeok. And he was mine now.

We sat back down on the ledge, closer this time, holding hands.
"Angel."
The name slipped out of my mouth before I could think. Su-hyeok looked up at me.
"Huh?"
I froze, nervous of whether or not he was ready for petnames and the like.
"Cheong-san?"
The way he said my name... well, it was enough to make me salivate. I swallowed loudly.
"I, uh, think Angel suits you. As a petname."
"Oh really?" he laughed, "I'm sure my parents would disagree if they found out about... us..."

SU-HYEOK

Cheong-san hadn't met my parents before, and I hadn't told him much about them. Actually, I hadn't told anyone anything about them. I supposed he would have to know why I wouldn't introduce him to them, especially not as my boyfriend, and I supposed on a roof in the middle of the night was a good enough time to tell him.
"They're not, uh, understanding of, well, everything I do. And if they found about us, I don't want to imagine what might happen."
I felt tears forming. Shit. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to make the tears go away. Cheong-san's arms surrounded me, letting me bury my head into his chest. He was warm. I felt his heart beating, which slowly calmed me.
"You're okay, I'm here."

CHEONG-SAN

His body shook in my arms, sinking lower. I'd wondered previously why he hadn't said anything about his parents, but now it made sense. I wanted to protect him from the whole world, and even if I couldn't, I'd fight like hell to keep him safe.
I felt the shaking slow to nothing, and I opened my arms slightly. Su-hyeok was asleep. I smiled down at him, still looking like an angel. I shuffled away from the ledge, half-dragging Su-hyeok. I laid back, set an alarm on my phone for five in the morning, so we could leave before the workers came back, and soon, I drifted off too, with Su-hyeok in my arms.

Music. But not nice music. Shit, my alarm. I opened my eyes, discovering I couldn't move due to Su-hyeok being sprawled across me.
"Su-hyeok!" I hissed, trying to shake him.
He groaned and rolled over, yet somehow ended up trapping me more. My alarm continued to ring out. It was safe to say I was panicking.
"Su-hyeok! Wake up you moron! I'm struggling to breathe now!"
He decided that trying to bury his head under my jumper would help. It didn't. I gently flicked his head, which finally forced his eyes open.
"Wha-" he groaned, then he saw me, "I, uh... shit."
"Get off me, moron."
"Oh, yeah."
I could finally turn my alarm off, but I panicked more so when I saw the battery percentage. Seven percent wasn't going to get me very far.
"What time is it?" Su-hyeok rubbed his eyes and sighed.
"Just after five. The workers come at six, so I think we should go."
"We have an hour," I watched him lay back down to try and sleep more.
"Less than an hour."
"I don't care," he grinned, holding up his middle finger as he rolled onto his side.
I had to literally haul him up just to get him to listen.
"Angel," the name was becoming effortless, "We need to go and get dressed and everything. At least, come back to my place?"

SU-HYEOK

"Fine."
Mornings had never been my thing. I normally went to sleep at this time, not wake up. Today, however, I didn't mind so much. Cheong-san was with me. We were together. And he'd called me angel again. Things were finally on the right track in my life.

It really wasn't a long walk to Cheong-san's place. Short enough to have let me slept for a moment longer.
He unlocked the door, and held it open for me. I slipped inside. The sofa looked comfortable, in a way that called to me. I resisted the urge of flopping down and sleeping for a little longer. I wasn't that rude.
"Come on, we'll go to my room, so my mom doesn't find out you're here. She'd be mad just because she wasn't able to give you chicken all night."
I laughed, causing Cheong-san to slap his hand across my mouth.
"What the fu-"
"Shut up! My parents can't know you're hear."
"Ah, sorry," I whispered right in his ear, smiling.

CHEONG-SAN

I blushed slightly and the hair on my neck began to stand. I shook it off, and took his hand and led him to my room. I plugged my phone in, and grabbed my uniform from my wardrobe.
"Make yourself at home, but don't make a noise, alright? I won't be long."
He mimed zipping his mouth shut. Moron. My moron nonetheless. I left him sat on my bed, cross legged, and went to the bathroom.

After locking the door, I gave my face a splash of cold water in a way to remind myself that this was reality. I was really with Lee Su-hyeok and he was sat on my bed right now.

SU-HYEOK

Fuck. I hadn't intended to stay on the rooftop the entire night, meaning I had no way of getting a uniform. I doubted Cheong-san would have a spare – because literally who would?
Maybe I could skip school?
No, I wasn't going back down that route. That was way before I met Cheong-san, the same time I used to fight, the same time nothing good was coming to me, and I never wanted to have those experiences again.

I sunk back into Cheong-san's bed, struggling to think of a solution. It wasn't working. I rolled onto my stomach like I usually did when I actually needed to think. Cheong-san probably had a spare shirt, but he was so short in comparison to me. Fuck. I was doomed. At least the bed was comfortable.

CHEONG-SAN

As I opened my bedroom door, I almost screamed on seeing the figure on my bed. I'd forgotten about Su-hyeok being in my room. Somehow.
"I'm awake," he groaned, head concealed under my pillow.
I walked over and poked him in the back to get him to move.
"Ow! I said I was awake, didn't I?" Su-hyeok mumbled gesturing with his fingers, but otherwise not moving at all.
"Get up, mor-" I paused, remembering how effective it had been last time, "Angel, you need to get up. My parents can't know, and we've got school."
I had to force myself not to smile when he sat up.
"I don't have a uniform."
I hadn't thought that far ahead. In my defence, I hadn't planned for us to stay the night.
"You can borrow a shirt from me, maybe there'll be spare ties and blazers at school and you're sorted."
I was a genius.
"Trousers."
I wasn't a genius.

_____

A/N okie so i know i said once a week posting, but it might be a bit more regularly because i don't have writer's block (!!)
also thank you so much for the views, votes and comments (they've genuinely been making my days)
<3