Chapter 07 - 4048

Being in a relationship with Cheong-san, Su-hyeok had begun to realise, was borderline dangerous. They'd slept on the roof on an active building site, he'd been convinced into wearing a skirt at school - which was both embarrassing and motivating, as several rumours had already started, but his legs looked damn fine. And now they were about to kiss in front of someone he was certain would end up in prison soon enough.

On every step leading to the roof, Su-hyeok let out a different curse word, only repeating them when he couldn't think of any more. As expected, he was nervous, but was also exhilarated to become public with their relationship.

SU-HYEOK

We'd decided to arrive a few minutes early to make sure we could get on the roof. I didn't think that the code had been changed since the days I used fight.
I typed in 4048, partly praying it wouldn't work. It did. Cheong-san held the door open for me. I couldn't back out now.
"If we die, I'm going to kill you, Cheong-san," I stepped onto the roof.
He grinned at me, "But I'd already be dead."
"It'll be a double death," I growled back.
He raised his hands in surrender, still with a smile. I took his arms and put them around my waist in a hug.
"You're so short," I smiled quietly in his ear.
"Fuck off," he laughed.

CHEONG-SAN

We jumped apart when we heard knocking on the door. He was here.
"See you on the other side, angel?"
Su-hyeok nodded once, walking towards the door. We opened it together in perfect synchronisation.
"What do you fucks want?" Gwi-nam, being the delight he was, pushed us both aside, despite neither of us being in his way.
"I thought I'd prove you right," Su-hyeok's hands were clenched into fists, his anger showing.
Gwi-nam looked baffled, which was doubled as Su-hyeok grabbed my hand, clasping it so tightly that it hurt slightly. He turned his head towards me, forcefully clutched my hair, and pulled me in. Our lips made rough contact.

Fuck. Su-hyeok was divine.
The world appeared to melt away, leaving only us – Su-hyeok cursing, me struggling to breathe. I whimpered quietly and he pulled back.

As soon as I got my breath back, I realised that Gwi-nam wasn't alone. We had an audience. Our friends, Gwi-nam's friends, and, what looked to be, at least half of the school.

SU-HYEOK

I felt myself go red. Probably a brighter shade than the sun. Some looked to be in shock, our friends were grinning at us, Dae-su held up two thumbs, others were whispering, and Gwi-nam was laughing.
Without even thinking, I punched him. Perfectly in the face.
Both cheers and gasps echoed as I stared at the blood falling down from his nose. He didn't speak. Good.
I turned and went over to Cheong-san and my friends. My intention had been to apologise for them seeing my old self, but the way they were all grinning and congratulating me... well, who wouldn't like that?
"The skirt suits you so much Bare-su!" Woo-jin gently slapped my back.
"Told you," Cheong-san said softly.
"You fuckin' showed Gwi-nam!" Dae-su yelled right in my ear.
"Sorry you had to see that," I muttered to the ground.
Cheong-san's hand took my chin and lifted it to make eye contact with him.
"You're so beautiful. And... well, don't apologise. It was hot."
"Fuck off," I laughed, embarrassed.

CHEONG-SAN

We both leaned in, about to kiss once again–
"Hey fuckers."
I opened my eyes. His nose had stopped but there was still blood smeared on Gwi-nam's face.
"Everyone else, get lost!" he screamed at everyone on the roof, apart from Su-hyeok and myself.

I should have listened to Su-hyeok earlier – we were going to die. I jumped when the door slammed shut, leaving us truly alone with a potential criminal. The other two, though, hadn't moved a muscle. If this had been a few years ago, I would have thought Su-hyeok and Gwi-nam were about to fight me.
My legs were loosing stability. I grasped the wall behind me just to stay on my feet.
"Not him. Leave him out of this and let him go to lunch."
The sheer rage that Su-hyeok held in his somehow-completely calm voice shocked me. This was the side he had been afraid to show anyone since he stopped fighting. Still, neither had moved. I didn't trust that either would come out unscathed. I tried to speak, but my voice must have escaped when everyone that had been here did.
"No. I want him to see his boyfriend," Gwi-nam spat, "Get killed."
Su-hyeok had been known as the best fighter in the school, but he hadn't fought in a long time, and, as much as I didn't want to doubt his ability, I wasn't sure he would win this one. My stomach twisted into knots as my legs gave way and I slid to the floor. All I could was watch.

SU-HYEOK

In the corner of my eye, I'd seen Cheong-san fall, but I couldn't help him yet. I think he understood, by the way he tried to smile at me.
Before I could even try and defend myself, a sharp pain hit my cheek.
Game on I guess.

Despite the pain causing blurriness in my vision, I knew exactly where he was and where to hit.
Gwi-nam's shin. He fell to the floor, cradling it, staring back at me, rage encompassing his entire face. I blinked and he shot up, hand reaching for my throat. I tried to grab them. I'd aimed terribly. I felt contact. The pressure made me gasp and my hands couldn't tear him away. He had control. I was forced to the ledge, being pushed backwards. My vision dimmed. I couldn't breathe. My right leg tried to lift to kick him right where it hurt, but my body wasn't co-operating. Gwi-nam was grinning as he pushed me further backwards. I was almost sat on the ledge, just waiting to be pushed off. My arms weakly tried to hit him. He just laughed.
"Are you watching, Cheong-san? Come on and watch your boyfriend die!"
Things around me were fading. My eyes closed.
"Su-hyeok!"