-3-

"but i crumble completely
when you cry."

|| MARIA ||

we arrived at Wembley stadium, i told z and the boys that i'd be back as i went downstairs to see everyone and i smiled as Gareth  greeted me "you nervous, Maria," Gareth raised an eyebrow. "i'm turning my nerves into excitement. they can do it," i shrugged. " maybe i should start bringing you in to give the boys a pep talk," he smirked. "i'm sure they'd rather listen to their manager," i smiled. "you'd be surprised," He rolled his eyes. "i'm sure it's mase and dec who cause all the trouble," i smirked. "you're not wrong," He chuckled. "you should really stop distracting them," he continued. "i don't do it on purpose," I defended myself. "mount was up til 3AM on his bloody phone last night. i wonder if he was texting you," He smirked. "he was just worried," I rolled my eyes as we walked through the corridor.

"oh honestly, Maria, you are awful," Gareth rolled his eyes back at her. "what," i yelled in defence. "you two...this has been going on for years, why don't you just go out," He asked. "Gaffer, i really do appreciate your attempt at gossip. but, mason and I are just friends and that's how it'll always be between us. we care a lot about each other because we've known each other for so long, that's all," i shrugged. "Chris," he called. "oh for fuck's sake" i groaned.

my dad and Gareth had known each other for years. The two of them were once teammates and were now managing the england team together, so i'd known Gareth my entire life, almost as if he was a second dad.

i rolled my eyes as i saw my dad jog over. "All right, love? i didn't know you was coming so early," My dad sighed. "it's fine, you're a coach," i chuckled. "everything all right boss," My dad asked Gareth. "oh yeah, it was just one thing, do you think your beautiful young daughter and Mason Mount are in love," Gareth asked my dad. "oh yeah 100%, without question-" My dad began. "dad," i scolded. "i really have to go, love, but i'll see you later," my dad smiled as he walked away. Gareth gave me a look of satisfaction, i immediately interrupted him as i noticed he was about to speak, "don't even try it," I glared. "you coming in to see the boys," Gareth asked. "for five minutes, if that's all right," I asked. "i think they'd love it," he chuckled.

as we walked into the changing room i chuckled as the room erupted in cheers, greeting me in the process. "Maria, it's lovely to see you again," Phil smiled as the other players went into separate conversations. "you fucking diamond, you're playing so well," I praised, pulling him into a big hug. "don't be so humble, Maria, you do your job a lot better than i do mine," he raised an eyebrow. "don't be stupid," i rolled my eyes.

i smiled as i saw Trent walk over to me. "hey," i grinned, shaking his hand. "hi, gorgeous. i'm Trent," he smirked. "i know who you are," I chuckled. "you do" he raised an eyebrow. "second best right-back in the world," i shrugged. "second best," he gasped. "you should know i'm a chelsea girl. reecey is the best for me," i shrugged. "of course he is," he rolled his eyes, shaking his head. as trent and i spoke for a while, i felt eyes on me, i looked up and saw Mason staring, we both looked away as soon as we made eye contact with one another.

i'd spoken to pretty much everyone, apart from mason, however, the boys had to warm up, so it was just the two of us left. "hey," Mason smiled. "hi," i returned the smile as he pulled me into him by my waist. "i'm your closest friend in this dressing room and i'm the last person you're speaking to," He raised an eyebrow as we let go of each other. "my dad says you have to save the best til last," i shrugged. "good thing your dad's my favourite coach," he smirked, looking down at me. "he better be, otherwise the two of you would be having firm words," i smiled, looking up at him. "i've told you about looking at me like that, mar" he sighed, running a hand over his face. "i'm sorry, i'm sorry" i chuckled. "i saw you were getting on with trent," he raised an eyebrow as he placed his boots on. "you need to drop this protective act, mase, you've got one of the biggest game of the year right now, warm up, stop worrying about me," i chuckled. Mason rolled his eyes, walking over to me, pulling me into his chest as i wrapped my arms around his torso, as we pulled away he looked down at me with a smile, still holding onto me.

"you look so pretty, Maria," Mason chuckled. "thank you mason, you look pretty too," i nodded. "but, seriously, play well, score goals, get assists, the usual, but, again, no pressure," I smirked. "no pressure?" he asked. "no pressure," i repeated. "none?" he raised an eyebrow. "nothing," i nodded. "well, what if we lose," he asked. "you guys won't lose mason, come on, you're a strong team," i shrugged. "you haven't asked me about my love life recently," He rolled his eyes. "what," i rolled my eyes straight back. "ask me how my love life's been recently," He pushed. "how's your love life been recently-" i began. "i got drunk after the champs league win, got off with a girl but now she's catching feelings and i haven't texted back, bye, love you," He yelled, kissing my forehead before running to the pitch. "what?! mason," i yelled.

i sat next to the boys in our seats as we watched the game play out, nobody had scored yet and we were in the 89th minute, obviously feeling quite nervous. "maria, i don't think we're winning this you know," Tom sighed. "it's fine, we're not losing, we've already got through to the round of 16, there's no problem here, it's just been an off game," i shrugged. "you worried about Mase," Harry asked. "yeah, he'll be fine, he doesn't like to draw," I sighed.

i walked down to the changing rooms as i was supposed to meet up with my dad. "all right, love," My dad smiled, pulling me into a hug. "yeah, sorry about the game, you'll bounce back," i returned the smile. "course we will, but, i'd go check on your lover," He smirked. "my lover," i asked. "mount. i'd go and check on mount," he rolled his eyes. "oh shut up," i rolled my eyes.

i walked into the changing room and sat next to mason, he looked as if he'd been smacked across the face with disappointment. he wasn't happy. "you all right, mase," i sighed, pulling him into a hug. "i'm sorry i disappointed you, mar," Mason ran a hand over his face. "don't be so stupid, mason. you could never disappoint me in football," I nudged his shoulder. "so i could disappoint you in other things," he gasped. "yes," i glared. "you better shut that smart mouth if you wanna walk tomorrow," he whispered. "shut it," my face went red i smacked his arm. "ha! you're so easy to make flustered," he chuckled. "what the hell are you doing mason, you can't treat women like this," i groaned. "it's fine," He sighed. "why don't you just tell her you don't want anything," i asked. "because she's fit," he shrugged. "how many women are you texting at once," i raised an eyebrow. "i don't know," he groaned. "you're awful," i rolled my eyes. "i'll figure it out," he shrugged, pulling me into his side.

AN: this was shit sorry xxx