-12-

|| MASON ||

"and not invite
your family
'cause they
never showed
you love."

maria had an interesting relationship with her family. she cared about her family a lot but her sister never treated her right. Maria's sister and mother would constantly look down on her for the fact she didn't have a boyfriend. The two of them cared more about their families image more than anything else. Chris was different. Chris really cared about Maria with all his heart, he would do anything for her. He made a huge effort with her, he always had. Maria mother however, didn't do that.

Maria ignored the way her mother and sister treated her, she acted as if it never affected it her. But, i knew it did. i didn't like to pry. it's not fair to force her to tell me how she feels about sensitive situations, that's not fair. Maria would make excuses for her family's behaviour, even though they hurt her, since she was a child she would dismiss the pain they caused her. she would constantly make excuses for them but i knew my maria. i've been in love with maria for years. i can tell that it hurts her.

maria has done so much for me, she's tried so hard for me for so fucking long. i had no problem with doing this for her, as much as i didn't like aleisha, i'd known her for most of my life, it's nice to see her getting married. i was nervous for this, nervous to see maria's mum, having to engage with her when i couldn't give a fuck about how she felt after everything she did to the woman i was in love with. i had to deal with it. i knew that maria would do the same for me.

i mentally groaned as i placed my blazer on my body. we had arrived at the hotel last night, maria was sleeping in a room two doors away from me. we decided to stay where the reception would be and gareth let chris and i have a few days off before the game next week. i was glad that my stylist picked me out a suit on such short notice, i wasn't planning on coming, i'd been invited months ago but i wasn't planning on coming. as soon as maria asked me to, i knew i wanted to go.

i heard two light knocks on my hotel room door. i instantly became anxious that we were late, worrying that chris would be upset with me. he was walking his eldest daughter down the isle today after all. i sighed as i opened the door, my eyes widening as maria was stood there looking fucking breathtaking. i cleared my throat as she grinned widely, she seemed to be happy that i was pretty much ready. "you okay," Maria asked. "y-yeah, you look...yeah" i stuttered. good timing mase. perfect timing for going fucking speechless whilst she's right fucking there.

"can i come in," Maria raised her eyebrows. she was in a long strapless sage green dress that stopped at her ankles. her hair looked fucking beautiful, i always loved her curly hair. she looked like an angel. "yeah of course," i chuckled as if i didn't want to shoot myself in the fucking face. "you look gorgeous, mase," she smiled. "thank you, so do you," I returned the smile. "where's your tie, it's nearly time to go," she told me. "i...uh-" i began. "you still struggle to tie them don't you," she cut me off with a chuckle.

"yeah," i murmured. "you don't have to be embarrassed, mase, it's no big deal" maria shrugged "do you want me to do it" she continued. "yes please," i responded. My breath hitched as she closed the door behind her and took a few steps closer to me, wrapping her hands around my neck as she began to tie slowly. it was like she was trying to torture me. she was wearing heals so there wasn't as much difference between us in height than usual but i still had to slightly look down to look at her, especially when she was this close.

Maria carefully tied the material until it was perfect, lingering for a while as she looked into my eyes. "what the fuck are you doing to me" i whispered. "you tell me" maria responded in a seductive tone. fucking hell. i closed my eyes, realising i had to compose myself as i heard her chuckle from my reaction. we were going to her sisters wedding, i couldn't be drooling over her the entire night. "mase" her voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "yeah" i cleared my throat. "i said should we go," maria repeated, rubbing her hand up my arm. "y-yeah, yeah let's go" i stuttered, putting my rings on.