Chapter 6

Kassidy Clover
...

The two could just about see where they were going. Dim candles were placed in holes along the walls. Many of them were worn, having wax dripping down the cement and clay. Each step descending the staircase seemed more and more steep as Miki and Psycho continued. They reach the bottom which opens up into a wide hall. The sides were lined with stalls dug out of the clay walls. The ceiling had a layer of mist imitating the cloudy sky of the surface. Psycho leads the way, followed by the the ever so curious Raven. The corvid twists his head left and right, fascinated by everything he is seeing and hearing. There were people of all shapes, sizes, colors and languages. Religions and cultures were also diverse and intermingling surprisingly well. It was loud, but not in a blasting shout. It was a market of trade. The further they go, the neater the place was, with a growing absents of smoke and questionable goods. Around the same time, food was being sold along with hand made toys. A few toys were even electronic, though incredibly expensive. Children played to the sides as the stalls became more homely, like an underground civilization. A few people send the pair suspicious glances, the two not being from this area. Their whispers cause Miki to begin tapping the side of his leg. "So, where are we going exactly?" He questions warily. The bleached blonde increases her speed, running happily towards a more dusty part of the home like market.

"Here!" She points to a doorway blocked by crates and cardboard boxes. Above the doorless doorway is a sign.

"Kassy?" Miki stares, rereading the name.

" 'Kass's drug deal, no kids aloud'." Psycho flashes him a cheeky smile. With a giggle and a push, the girl knocks over most of the boxes.

"Thankfully I'm not a kid!" She climbs onto a box, crawling through the pile. One of them opened inwards under her weight and she falls into the box below.

"I'm okay!" She giggles, crawling through the rest of the boxes. Miki sighs and begins moving them out of the way. The two meet up again on the other side of the pile, finding a well lit room with wood and cement walls. Dust layers the cheep furniture that sat around lazily as though they'd fall over from age.

"The hell are you doing here?" A familiar voice swears. Miki turns to see a familiar brunette in her beaten blue jacket. Under Kassidy's arm is a crutch holding her off her left leg. Bruises and poorly bound bandages stick out from under her clothes. Her right eye was swollen shut and a half stitched gash trails from her left ear to the edge of her nose. "Kassy!" Psycho leaps forwards, grappling the injured girl with a hug.

"Ann- let go you crazy girl!" Kassidy shouts, forcing the bleached blonde back. The girl let's go and bobs happily in place. The brunette looks to Miki.

"I get her; but why are you here?" Her voice croaked before she bursts into a fit of painful coughs. Automatically, Miki steps forwards as though she were going to fall.

"Talli sent me, what happened?" The boy questions.

"Tis but a fucking scratch." She tells him.

"So why did you come bother me Ann? I've told Talli, I'm not doing shit." The brunette glares at Psycho.

"Don't be so mean! I have something for you- here!" The blonde takes out a letter from her sleeveless jacket. Kassidy stares at it for a moment and begins shuffling over to a couch. Miki follows, but his help is rejected as the girl plops down with a grunt. Psycho sits down next to her and hands over the letter. Miki sits on the opposite side of the brunette as she rips open the envelope and unfolds the paper inside it. " 'Kassidy Clover,
I invite you to a masquerade ball.' I am not wearing a dress." The girl notifies. Miki leans closer, curiously reading the paper.