Chapter 14

Tobi Chariot
...

"Yeah pops, I can handle myself." Miki spoke holding his flip phone to his ear.

"I won't loose it, trust me and- ... Of corse I know where I'm going, I won't get lost... The city isn't that big, tall yeah, but-" He let's out a grumble as his father spoke on the other side.

"Dad, I'll be okay, just keep an eye on Remy.. Yeah, later old man, bye." Pulling the device from his ear he looks down at the already cracked screen. He hangs up before letting out a sigh. His head lifts up as he puts his phone in his pocket. Towers stuck high, piercing the clouds like a stick in a river. Light spots of blue could have potentially been seen from behind the gap, though the thick smokey layer prevented it. People tread along the risen pavement. However quite few dared to walk in the middle of the road, which had one or two vehicles driving along it slowly. All the buildings were brightly lit and close together. It was a wonder how people could slip through the allies with little trouble. Miki glances around, hearing all the murmured voices speak at once. "I'll be late to work aga-"
"Mommy, I'm hungry."

"How could you-"
"Do you think it suits me?"

"Hah, lol-"
"Never trust a half bred mutt." Miki shakes his head, un-focusing his hearing. He shoves his hands in his pockets as he avoids bumping into people. "Hey! Raven! Ray! Ray-Ray! Raven!" The boy stops and turns to the feminine voice. Hunter pushes past a few people, though once the blonde got noticed, she was easier to make way for. She catches up to him with a grin. "Hey Hunter." Miki smiles back curiously.

"Hey! What's with the look, I got something in my hair?" She asks.

"Oh, no, you're good. How did you know my n- never mind, I didn't expect you to be here." Miki changes his question.

"Well this is kinda my territory. Talli basically owns half this place and my team keeps an eye on it." Hunter answers proudly.

"The Hounds?" The Raven guesses.

"Yep, and I'm their leader. Got a bit of a big rep, so like, no one messes with me." The blonde tells him. She stretched her arms up before folding her hands behind her neck. The two continue walking side by side.

"So I take it you come here often?" He sends her a cheeky grin. The blonde rolls her eyes.

"I wish. Talli's got me so busy I barely get the chance to go shopping. Which sucks 'cause they got some really nice stores here. Expensive, but the dresses are worth getting for casual wear." She glances at the large windows. Each window showing off clothes and other such luxuries.

"Not gonna lie, 'm suppose to be tailing you under Talli's orders. Not sure why, anyone who knew your story would drop the idea of a kidnapping immediately. And, with the leader of the Hounds walking with ya, you're less likely to be stabbed." Hunter half heartedly jokes. Miki shifts uncomfortably.

"Yeah..." He mumbles. The blonde tightens the ribbon keeping her hair up. Her voice spoke softly.

"Own your story dude. Don't let people shame you for a portrait that doesn't look like you. They paint you as a bitch? Growl and bare your fangs. Paint you as a murderer? Point a knife at them. See you as a bad omen?" Her blue eyes lock onto his.

"Become the bane of their existence. Spite can be your friend if you let him. At least that's what Darvin has told me." She lowers her arms, holding her hands behind her.

"I didn't know Spite is a he." Miki crosses his arms behind him.

"According to Darvin, the sub-god Love is a girl and Spite is a boy. My friend Kiki loves history, so she loves hearing about it. Two Dragon gods split up into three sets of two sub-gods and a Trickster. Let's see, there's Love and Spite, Greed and Charity, and uhhhh.. Fuck, what was the last two?" Hunter mumbles.