Chapter 9

ALcrow
...

Dark clouds blanket the night sky. A chill zips through Miki as he rubs his arms as a cold breath of fog leaves his mouth. "Humbert, a'w we there yet?" Complains Remy, waving her arms and bouncing as they walk. Humbert takes a gray mask from the inside of his shorter coat and gives the teens a smile. Beyond the autumn trees is a castle like keep. It sits on the edge of a cliff, with a stone path leading into its bright entrance. Upon seeing the castle, Miki's and Remy's expressions light up.

"Ladys first!" Remy begins the race. Her warm colored dress bounces and flows with every step.

"Wai- Remy! Show down, I'm cold!" Miki chases after her. His attire is all black with a short coat tail behind him. Humbert chuckles, taking his time to catch up to the two.

"Hold up, before you two go free I need to set some rules." He calls. The two stop before the door with complaining groans.

"First off, no alcohol. I'm not dealing with drunk teenagers. Remy, you're underage." The adult begins. Miki smirks knowingly.

"And how old is the drinking limit?" The Raven raises an eyebrow. Humbert shrugs with a hum.

"But secondly, no talking to strangers, keep an eye on your drink and your drink in your hand at all times. I'm talking to you Remy." He continues.

"Why am ah bein' bullied? Ya'll are the ones grounded y'a selves to the diggity darn dirt!" The mentioned red-head complains.

"Because you're the most accident prone. Thirdly, for the love of the Great Twin Dragons, be careful. Got your masks?" Humbert ties his own mask to his head, covering the upper part of his face. The round shape around the eye holes make it resemble an owl. Remy continues to complain via non-comprehensible language.

"Just put the mask on Rem." Miki places her mask over her eyes and ties back the ribbon under her high ponytail. It was red and had a music note like theme. Miki's, true to character, put on a raven like mask. The ribbon matched his hair completely. He sends her a smile and she returns with a pout.

"Go have fun kids. I'm heading over to the food." Humbert pats their heads and enters the keep. The floor had been covered with carpet and the space was quite open. It didn't take too long for Remy to wander off and explore. Everyone wore elegant dresses and suits. Even the individuals who she passed in the halls held themselves with a prideful dignity. Though, there was a goofball or two in the larger crowds. Remy enters a ballroom. The floor was clear of carpet and is instead polished with marble. Partners dance with one another in the middle while others watch from the side. Tables edge around the walls, filled with snacks, meals and desserts. "Are those cupcakes?" Remy's emerald green eyes light up. With a hop, the girl scurries around and through the crowd, towards the tower of sweets. Not paying attention, she bumps into someone, causing both to fall over. Remy's dress cushions her landing. "Oh, sorry about that!" The other girl gets to her feet and holds out her hand. Remy looks up at the tall girl. She hesitantly takes her hand and is lifted up. "Oh, A- Ah, I- you- Ah-" She fumbles over her words.

"A'm okay!" The tanned girl finally gets out.

"That's good. Hey, have you seen a boy, this tall, thin, looks gay, has a bandana, long sleeves- Did I mention he looks gay?" The stranger asks. Remy blinks, looking the tall girl over. Unlike everyone else in the room, she dressed more for a club then a ball. Her clothes were mostly purple and black with the exception of the hot pink stripes on her shirt. Furr covered the edges and had a lighter color.

"Oi, you listening?" She tilts her head, shifting her light purple mask.

"Oh! Sorry! Umm, nope- Ah haven't seen anyone like thet- A'm sorry." Remy responds quickly. The girl sighs, scratching her head and messing some of her short but straight black hair.

ALcrowOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara