Chapter 7

Jokul and Sid Jacobo
...

Hunter dumps a pile of papers onto the wooden desk in front of TalliMark. "And here's the Monarch's papers. Unlike Sin, they like to take their sweet time." The blond states, taking a step back to brush her bangs out of her face. Talli ties a knot over her own pile and hands her the stack. With a sigh, Hunter takes the papers and shoves it into her bag of scrolls, books and even more paper. She jogs out of the room, passing by Miki who had just entered from the door. "Whoa- in a rush?" The Raven asks curiously.

"Yeah, later." The blonde responds, almost tripping on her way through the damp hall. Miki closes the door behind him before blowing into his black gloves.

"Miki, dearie, perfect timing-" "Miki! Have you seen the colors outside! The leaves are so pretty! Leaf Fall is my favorite season!" Annabell cheers, interrupting Tally who holds a hand to their own face, covering their eye. For a moment, Miki could catch a glimpse of the socket she hid behind the bleached edges of her brown hair.

"Busy day?" The Raven asks the working Spider.

"Oh, it has been, and will continue for a while. Which reminds me, Miki dear, It's been some time since you've first joined and I'd like you to meet some of our other members." Talli tells him, dragging over the pile that Hunter had dropped on their desk.

"Okay?" The Raven treads cautiously. The brunette takes three letters from a drawer and hands them to him.

"I keep forgetting to send these to the twins. Remember your first mission?" Miki nods shortly at the question.

"Good, you will have no trouble finding them. Their codes are Sin and Ice. That last one on the other hand is more on the secretive side; it has three notes in it hence the thickness. That goes to someone who does not necessarily work for me, but is considered a close ally. Their name is Blake and he is not fond of strangers. He will loosen up once he knows who sent you. Off you go now dearie!" Talli waves the boy off. Annabelle looks up from her art project and sends a smile. The Raven nods and quietly sneaks out with the three letters. The tunnels are darker and colder, with frost edging along the corners. The plants in the sewer ditch have started to turn red and orange, some even brown or a blackish-purple. Shoving the letters into his pocket, he begins climbing the ladder up and through the familiar copper walls. He slides the freezing door open, slips out and closes it behind him. A light gusts of wind blows past him causing the boy to shiver. Miki blows into his gloves again. "I wish I brought a scarf." He whispers as he begins making his way out. He takes out the letters to examine them before a hand manages to snatch it from his own.

"I wish you brought one too." Miki spins with a jump.

"Pops?!" He shouts in a whisper. Humbert looks over the three letters before handing them back to the puffed up Raven.

"So this is what you've been up to lately. You know Remy has her hair in knots because of this." The Old Owl informs him.

"I know, I know." The corvid repeats, taking the letters back.

"Why are you working for Talli Mark? You know how dangerous they are." The father questions.

"I have my reasons." Miki shrugs as he begins walking away.

"Miki." Humbert calls.

"What?" The boy turns to his father with slight annoyance. Another light breeze of wind blows past the two, swaying the branches in dance.

"You've found another one haven't you." The Old Owl slowly states. After a short pause, he lets out a sigh as the Raven stands with no response.

"Of course." He walks up to the young bird and places a hand on his shoulder.