Chapter 3: Wield with Honor

Artimas jolted awake, gasping for air as he sprung up from wherever he laid. He winced with agony and clutched his destroyed chest plate, finding it difficult to take the smallest of breaths. But then... he realized he was on a bed, seemingly in one of F.E.O's large helicopters surrounded by F.E.O troops, and the Supreme, who seemed disappointed.

"Here you lay, bested. Beaten. You should be dead Artimas. It seems I have put too much faith in you." The Supreme scolded, her armor was covered slightly with dust due to rubble collapsing on top of her.

"Perhaps I should finish what the furs could not, my Supreme. This one is of no use to us." Said the very deep voice of Vizla as he emerged from the crowd of soldiers, walking completely fine even after Shira shot him in the foot with an arrow, almost as if it simply didn't happen at all.

Artimas coughed slightly, scowling behind his helmet as he heard the clicking of guns around him, ready to fire at him on the Supreme's command.

"Yes... you could kill me. But then you would never find out where the Avian settlement is." Artimas challenged, showing that he certainly had a contingency for an event like this.

There was silence as the Supreme considered what he just said, but a short silence. "Hm, another settlement? Where?" She asked curiously.

Artimas's bones cracked as he sat up further on the small bed. "I will show you, provided we're not too far from Montreal... and I must receive your assurance that you will not execute me."

"I do not make deals with the likes of you, soldier. Either you show me where this settlement is, or I kill you here and now and confine your soul to the blood realm." The Supreme said with a cold, monotone voice as she summoned the Suleykaar, threatening Artimas with its dark, ominous red glow.

Artimas weighed his options, and looked directly into the Supreme's glowing yellow eyes, and called her bluff. "Good luck finding them on your own, they are very well hidden."

The Supreme seemed... surprised, none of her loyal troops have ever defied her, at all. And yet here one was, challenging her very authority with absolutely no fear. She loved that, it showed that Artimas was different than the rest of her loyal idiots.

The Suleykaar vanished just as quickly as it appeared, and she stood back up to her tall, proud posture. "Very well Artimas, you have my word that you will not be executed. Nothing is more true than a Supreme's word." She stated with a nod. "Now, show me this settlement, and you will be promoted."

Without a word, Artimas shakily stood to his feet with the audible cracking of his bones, the Supreme and Vizla following behind him. He walked to the cockpit of the helicopter so that he could look out the window, quickly recognizing the pilot as the female troop with the purple eyed helmet... the Supreme's sister.

"Go north towards that big forest over there." Artimas instructed, pointing to the large patch of forestry in the distance. She seemed confused for a moment, and glanced back at the Supreme for the order

"Do it, sister. The others will follow once they see us break off from the fleet." The Supreme commanded with a nod.

"Yes Supreme." the troop quickly responded, not even addressing her as a sister... only a leader.

She flew towards the forest without question, the rest of the fleet immediately following behind her since she was flying the command helicopter. It took only a few minutes to reach the forest, and the F.E.O fleet were now positioned and hovering all around it.

"They have disguised their fort as part of the forest, can you spot it?" Asked Artimas, grinning behind his helmet as he stared at the Aviary once again... the very place that he was defeated that night... and the place he would gladly watch be destroyed.