Chapter 3: Lemonade Mouth

The next day, we were all in the detention room with our lemonades.

"I see that everyone brought their unofficial underworld badges," Charlie said with a smile, motioning to the lemonades in our hands.

"We're subterranean and we're proud," Stella said as we rose our lemonades to our mouths to drink it.

Then we hear the flushing of a toilet from above, making us laugh.

"All right. First order of business: a band name. We need one for the fliers," Stella said, sitting on the desk in front of us as all of us agree.

"Okay, okay. What about Soul Groove?" Charlie asked as we all cringed.

"Um... The Anarchists?" Stella asked.

"Well, that's not so bad," Olivia said as Stella said the name one more time.

Mo and I look at Olivia secretly and whispered 'No'.

"Um, I'm gonna go get another lemonade," Olivia said as she stood up from her chair and went outside.

"All right, look, guys, I got one. Um, let me find it. Wen," Wen said as he looked inside his notebook.

"Wen?"

"Please tell me your joking," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Come on. It's the whole one-name thing. You know, like, um... Mm. Like Bon Jovi," Wen said to Mo.

"Or Cher," She said, sarcastically, making Wen laugh.

"Back off the bash," Olivia said as she entered the room with a sign that read 'Back off the Bash' in red marker.

I stood up and grabbed the paper from her.

The paper read 'BACK OFF THE BASH... OR ELSE!'

"What kind of band name is that?" Stella asked as I shook my head.

"No. This was on the door," Olivia said as I held up the paper for them to see.

Stella took it and read it, then passed it to Charlie, showing them the note.

TIME SKIP

I was in the lunchroom with the gang when I suddenly went to get a drink from the vending machine with Olivia.

Once she got her drink, it got snatched from her hand.

"Thanks. My favorite," A blonde girl said as she smirks at Olivia.

"Give it back, blondie," I said, not fazed by her smirking.

"Or else, what?" She asked, making me scoff.

"Or else I will snatch it back from you but way harder," I smirked, giving her a sarcastic smile as she just rolled her eyes at me, not giving the drink back.

"So hey, you're one of the singers and the songwriter of the new band, right?" A guy asked me as he crossed his arms.

"So?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Oh, then why don't you just belt one out for us?" he asked as he pointed to the center of the lunchroom.

"Show us what you got," Another girl said with a smile.