Chapter 7: Arrested

'The radio sponsor for Rising Star heard our demo and put it on the air. It was a dream come true. For all of us. But just when the future looked brightest for Lemonade Mouth, everything started to fall apart,'

We were now at Dante's Pizzeria, playing our song but we couldn't play our song because we all had issues.

Mo kept sneezing and Olivia couldn't sing.

"Losers!" We hear Ray yell out in the crowd, making Olivia stop singing.

"I'm just saying, I'm gonna take you down at Rising Star tomorrow. You just wait," He said, making me roll my eyes.

But the moment Olivia starts singing, he grabs the mic from Olivia.

"Hey, good evening ladies and gentlemen. May I introduce Loser Mouth—!" He said but Wen went to grab the mic but ended up pushing Ray to a table.

Then all hell broke loose. Everyone was fighting. I went to take cover with Charlie behind the drum set from the flying cups that were being thrown around the restaurant.

The next few days, I found out that Mo has a 102 fever and Charlie as 2 broken fingers. I had a feeling that tomorrow was not going to go well.

"Y/n! I'm going to meet up with Wen! You wanna come?" I hear Olivia ask as I was in the kitchen cabinet, trying to reach the sugar that was on the top shelf of the cupboard.

"Uh... Where are you guys going to be exact?" I ask back as I realized that I couldn't reach it.

"Just to a nearby mall," She says as I now try to stop on one of the shelves to reach the sugar.

"Oh okay. I'll go. Let me just get the sugar," I yell back as try one more time to reach the sugar.

"Okay! Just let me know when you're--" I hear Olivia say as I accidentally slip, making me fall to the floor just as I hear a sickening crack in my shoulder. I think I definitely broke my shoulder.

I try to hold in my scream as I hear running footsteps.

"Y/n! Oh my god! Are you okay?" Olivia asks as she tries to help me up by my arm but I scream in result due to my shoulder.

"Stop! Stop! I think I broke my shoulder," I say to Olivia as I hold my shoulder, making Olivia look at me in worry.

"Okay. Stay right there. I'm going to call the ambulance," She said as she ran back outside to call.

"It's not like I'm going anywhere anyways," I mumble as I try to take deep breaths until the ambulance came.

TIME SKIP

After I went to the hospital, I got discharged from the hospital and Stella decided to call us to the school for some reason.

When we went to the school, I noticed that everybody was in a really bad shape.

"What happened? Did you all get hit by a bus or something?" Stella asked as she looked at our horrible state.

"Look who's talking,"

"What's going on, Stella?" Mo asked in a soft voice.

"Yeah. What are you doing?" Olivia asked in a hoarse voice.

"I am protesting the removal of our Mel's Lemonade machine. Hmm," Stella said, proudly.

"You're kidding me, right? In this weather?" Mo asked, looking at the sky.

"Okay, kid, enough playing around. I got three more pickups today,"
"It's gonna rain. Let's get out of here," The men both say as Stella looks at them.

"Are you really willing to support the rampant tyranny and oppression of the powerful over the voiceless?" Stella asks as it now starts to rain. Hard.

"You move, or I move you. It's your choice, kid," The man said as Stella just scoffs, staying in place.

"I am not moving until you put our lemonade machine back," Stella said as both men start to move her.

"Hey! Get your hands off her!" I yell as I make my way to the men, with the others following me but I try to keep my distance because of my shoulder.

That didn't work out because I somehow got shoved, making me fall to the ground, screaming in pain. Again.

'Needless to say, that day was a bit of a low for the band,'

We were now all in a jail cell, sitting down on one of the benches, except for Charlie.

"So much for Rising Star," Charlie mumbled.

"We can't skip it," Stella said as I just leaned back on the wall.

"Well, we can't play,"
"It's over," Mo and Wen said as I hold my shoulder.

"Wen's right. We lose," Charlie said as he sat down next to me.

"So we lose. So what? Lemonade Mouth is bigger than a competition. We did it to be heard. For our fans, for ourselves," Stella started as Olivia nods.

"For our friendship," she hoarsely said.

"Thank you,"

"Guys, we can't give up," Olivia said in a hoarse voice.

"Olivia, this isn't just humiliating ourselves on, like, a high-school level," Mo said to Olivia as she stands up.

"Look, we're not doing it,"
"Agreed," Wen and Charlie say as I just stayed silent.

"In case you haven't noticed, Stella, we're in a holding cell. Okay, and you're the only one to blame," Wen said as everyone agreed.

"We didn't actually get arrested. Okay? We're waiting for our parents to come pick us up," Stella said as we all groaned.

Then everybody started to do their own sounds and we were now dancing and singing.

"Are we in?" Stella asked as we all laughed and went in for a group hug.

"Ow! Guys! Watch the shoulder. Still hurts," I groan as we all continue to hug.

We were now getting bailed out by our parents/guardians.

I walked out with Olivia to see Grams sitting down.

"Oh, darlings. When I said get out of the house, this isn't what I meant. Ha, ha," She said as she hugged both Olivia and I.

We all walked out and went to the car that Grams came in but I sensed that someone was staring at me so I stopped and turned to see Charlie looking at me with a smile.

I gave him a small wave with a smile before going inside the car, driving off.