Chapter 10

~ Edited ~

I stepped into the Governor's room and took a look around, my eyes landing on the wooden desk to the right side of the room. I cleared my throat and spun around to face him.

"I heard you wanted to see me," I said as confidently as I could. He smiled, a smile that sent a wave of goosebumps down my body.

"Yes," He nodded and began to walk towards the other side of the room. "I want to make you one of my soldiers that overlooks the town and goes out on runs for me."

Why does he trust me?

"And why would you think I suit that position?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You are strong, even intimidating." He laughed like it was a joke. "I see myself in your eyes. You are like me, using others to get what you want."

I'm nothing like you.

"I'd be honoured," I said, trying to sound a little sincere. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

The Governor got a call on his walkie, as Andrea said he would. He walked over to the window and I took the chance, slipping over to the desk. I ran my hand under the desk and immediatly felt the knife stuck beneath the wood.

"Andrea," The Governor chasted, his voice irritated. "I don't see any problems at the gates."

The sun was just going down, I had to be gone about two days at this point. Two days and I was probably forgotten by the group that insisted I join them.

That's life.

I stalked over to the Governor and raised the knife, my hand trembling. I was about to bring it down when he suddenly turned and grabbed my wrist in his palm.

"Do you think I'm stupid, princess?" The Governor hissed and pulled the pistol from his belt.

He slammed me against the wall and the knife fell from my grasp, clattering across the wooden floor. His pistol was then placed right between my eyes. I closed my eyes, not wanting his face to be the last thing I saw.

The back of my eyelids would have been much better.

I thought it was the end when I heard a loud bang, but it wasn't from the gun. The Governor whipped around and stared out the window. His men were being gunned down and his gates were blown open.

"What?" He hissed, dropping me from his grasp.

I slipped the dagger from my boot and once he turned I flung out my arm and stabbed him straight in the right eye. I smirked as he writhed.

"Don't call me princess."

The Governor screamed in pain and clawed at the knife stuck in his eye. He tripped over an end table, a ornamental vase hitting the ground with a crash.

He's not dead.

He would likely die from the pain or blood loss. I ran to the door and pulled the key, locking it behind me. Screams echoed from around the town, explosions and gunshots echoed through the evening.

I need to get out.

I ran to Andrea's room, she was pulling weapons and food, packing them into a rucksack. She had her pistol aimed at me, only relaxing when she realised I wasn't a threat.

"Is he dead?" She asked, throwing the rucksack over her shoulder.

"As good as," I answered with a smirk, "Who are these people attacking?"

"I think they're my old group," Andrea said, ushering me out of the room. "I saw Rick, I know his face."

"Rick Grimes?" I gasped, feeling hope claw at my being. Andrea nodded and I felt a smile creep across my face.

"They're here to get me," I smiled. "I was with Carl when I got captured."

They came for me.

"Let's go."

Andrea and I ran out the door. I followed her when she bee-lined to a building on the corner of the street. Fire exploded a few houses down and I cursed.

"Everyone will be in here," Andrea opened the door and ushered the remaining Woodbury tennants from the room. Some didn't come but most of them chose to run for their lives.

"Follow me!" I called and the group followed. "Andrea where will I get them out safely?"

"You have to take the front," Andrea called back as she shot her gun. The bullet planting itself in one of the guards who stood on top of the walls of Woodbury.

"Everyone stay close," I ordered. "Walkers have got in here. Grab a weapon and defend yourselves."

I spotted my machete beside the corpse of the man that had found Carl and I. He had a large bullet hole in his head and his arm held a bloodied bite mark.

"Serves you right for stealing my stuff."

I took out some of the Walkers blocking the way to the gate. Everything seemed to be on fire and the gunshots wouldn't end. Multiple bodies spotted my vision and I struggled to determine who was good and who was bad through the smoke.

"Rick!" I called once I saw the bearded man come into view.

"Lauren?" Rick called and ran to me, his gun aimed in all directions. He shot at some oncoming undead and gestured for me to follow him.

"We need to get these back to the prison," I said, coughing as the smoke entered my lungs. "I killed the leader of this place. He was planning on killing them all. I never told him about the prison so we're safe."

"Alright, get these outside the gates," He said, pointing behind him. "Carl and Daryl are waiting there. I'll leave when everyone is out."

I nodded and gestured for everyone to follow me. The gates were mostly destroyed and I ushered everyone out through them with ease. My eyes scanned the growing crowd, looking for Carl and Daryl. I spotted both of them to the left of the gate, and I didn't spare any time in running towards them.

"Carl!" I yelled, engulfing him in a tight hug. I was overwhelmed that he had escaped unscathed. Carl hugged back and I rested my head on his shoulder, letting myself come to terms with the fact that we were both still alive.

"Thanks for coming for me," I whispered, my arms still wrapped around his neck.

"You saved my life again. You've grown on me." Carl laughed and I released him after a few more minutes. I ended up staring at him in a daze before Daryl snapped me back to reality.

"Come on lovebirds," Daryl chuckled, loading his crossbow. "We have shit to do."

I couldn't help the crimson that stained my cheeks as I ducked my head away in embarrassment. I lead the group through the woods and hopefully to safety. The prison was only a couple of miles down the road. Daryl navigating us along the whole way.

There was just one thing I couldn't get out of my head.

Carl.

Finally a moment! I don't wanna be one of them fanfics that rush things so this was the right time.

Vote and Comment! :)