PART THREE | Freedom: Chapter 45

•Poison - Rita Ora•
\I really like this song/

"Wake up," A voice yelled between giggles. "This is cute but wake up."

I cursed and flung myself upward, unconsciously grabbing my machete incase of any danger. I cracked my eyes open and Kirsty was standing at the foot of my bed, Daryl by the doorframe. As soon as I shot up Carl was startled next to me and fell off the bed, landing on the hardwood floor with a loud thud.

"Are you okay?" I gasped, grabbing his arm. I willed myself not to laugh but I couldn't stop the giggle that rose through my body and came out of my mouth as a snort due to my free hand covering my mouth.

"I'm good. Just enjoying the floor here." He laughed lightly, tapping the floor with his index finger.

"What do you need?" I turned to the bright-red haired girl enjoying the sight infront of her.

"Nothing really," Kirsty replied. "I just wanted to wake you up."

I let my head fall back against the feather pillow and laughed.
"Expect to wake up to a bucket of water tomorrow, Kirsty."

"Me and Kirsty are going to scout out the buildings along the roads. You and Carl can go the other direction and check if there's anything there. We'll be here for a few days." Daryl informed and tugged Kirsty's arm. She left with him, winking at me before disappearing down the corridor.

"I guess we're going for a walk." Carl mumbelled with a smile before pulling on his boots.

-

"Do you think we'll find the others?" Carl asked, tossing his knife from hand to hand.

"You know," I smiled. "For once I'm optimistic about it. I believe we will and then we can find somewhere where we're safe."

"Damn," Carl laughed. "Where did Lauren go and who are you?"

I gently shoved him and laughed myself.
"I'm here! I'm just comfortable and not doomed for once."

Carl took down a Walker that stumbled over to us with his knife. I stared out into the green forest and the blue sky above. I can be scared my whole life about dying and never finding somewhere where I'm happy, but then I'd never enjoy my life. I need to let go, live in the moment.

"Some day we are going to die - I am going to die. I don't plan on dying any time soon, but it could happen. I'm going to live while I can." I mused, tugging on the ends of my brown hair.

"You know I won't let you die, Lauren." Carl changed his happy tone for a more serious one.

"There will come a day when you can't save me, and a day when I can't save you. I'm going to live while I can."

Carl nodded in agreement and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder.
"I think we should make the most of all the time we have then."

He spun me around and kissed my cheek, sending shivers down my spine. I laughed and knocked the sheriff's hat off his head before kissing his lips gently.

"You're an idiot." I laughed and placed my hands on his chest.

"I'm your idiot." He smiled again, his hands resting on the bare skin of my hips.

"What are we supposed to be doing?" I mumbelled, so close to the boy infront of me it was making me nervous.

"I don't even know." Carl laughed, his hot breath hitting my lips. I turned it around, pecking his lips before turning and jogging away into the forest.

"That was not fair."

-

"Kirstyyy?" I called, holding the old faded water gun I found in an abandoned house up, peeking my head around the corner.

I had insisted Carl and I find some water to fill the gun with. He followed me into the house with his own water gun in his hands. I gently pushed open the door to the kitchen and pointed the gun inside, but she wasn't there.

"I think I hear talking." Carl whispered and pointed down the hallway into one of the other rooms. I followed him through the house and he pushed open the door, silently counting down from three. We both burst through the door at the same time.

Carl snorted and I dropped the gun onto the floor to cover my eyes. I had witnessed 'the first kiss' or what I assumed was the first between Daryl and Kirsty.

"Ew guys! Keep it PG," I groaned. "That's my cousin."

Kirsty's face flushed pink and she stumbled on her words. Daryl stared at me with an eyebrow raised as if to say 'it's not like I haven't seen you and Carl.'

Carl thought it would still be a good time to use his watergun on Kirsty. She gasped as the thin line of water hit her face. Daryl stifled a laugh and I grabbed the gun and pulled Carl out of the room before Kirsty had time to counteract.

I pulled him out of the house and ducked behind some old bins. I couldn't stop myself falling into a fit of laughter. Carl flashed me a smile, he was happy I was happy. Not minutes later I heard Kirsty emerge from the house. Carl clamped a hand over my mouth to stop me from making any more noise.

"Lauren! Carl!" Kirsty called. "You know I'll get you before the day is out. It's better to give up now!"

I nodded to Carl and we tucked our backs close to the bin before peering around the corner. I couldn't see her or Daryl and I clutched the watergun close to my chest.

"She's gonna kill us." Carl mumbelled.

"Yup."

We hid in complete silence until a wave of cold water hit our heads. I shreiked and stood up. Kirsty stood on the opposite side of the green bins with a smug look on her face. Daryl then dumped another bucked over our heads and gasped before falling into another fit of giggles.

"I underestimated you, Kirsty." I laughed, wringing my wet hair. "I'm proud of you."

-

After I dried my clothes I went back into the house while Kirsty, Daryl and Carl set up a campfire to cook whatever food we had left. I searched through the drawers in what looked like a young child's room. I found a few pens and a blue notepad. I smiled and opened the notepad, blank and untouched. I thought about everything I wanted to say to Carl but didn't have the guts. I placed the black ink pen on the paper and I wrote, not letting anything hold me back from expressing everything.

Freedom.

-

Fluffy chapter because I needed one of them XD
What she writes might play a big part in the end of this book, I have a few options on how it will end (in like 20 chapters, maybe)

Please vote!

*IMPORTANT*

If I don't update before Sunday I won't be updating for two weeks then. I'm going on my holidays to Greece!

I'll be back on like the 26th or something ;)