"Can I see him?" (N.R) (GN)

━━━━━━━━━━━ ⧗ ━━━━━━━━━━━━

You stared at the small frame of your son sleeping peacefully inside his crib. Your wife leaned against your shoulder, admiring the bundle of happiness you both brought to the world.

Alex, that's his name. Despite not being part of Natasha's life for long, Alexei was still the closest Natasha had to a father figure, hence, she saw the name suited for her young boy.

She will be different from Alexei, though. She won't abandon her child, she won't let him go through what she had, and she sure as hell won't leave her family for any reason, not even if her life was on the line because of it.

"He looks just like you" she commented, smiling at the evident similarities in your features.

She pointed at his shut closed eyelids "He has your eyes."

You chuckled, "Natasha, love, you can't even see his eyes."

"You could in the hospital. He smiled when he saw you, too."

"Fair enough." you sighed happily without anything to counter her statement. Turning towards Natasha, it was clear that she was not setting her eyes off that baby for at minimum a month - just like she did with Anya.

Speaking of Anya, you felt a tug at the hem of your shirt and you looked down at your feet, spotting the small two-year-old clutching her black widow blanket tightly and looking at you with the same emerald eyes of her mother.

"Hey, buttercup." you cooed at her, "What are you doing up so late?"

"Can I see him?" She asked with a pout and pleading eyes she knew you couldn't resist. "P'ease?" She extended her arms towards you and made grabby hands, silently asking to be lifted.

"Of course, c'mere." you gently picked Anya up and lifted her so that she was able to see the sleeping boy.

Noticing the presence next to her, Natasha turned and tilted her head in surprise at the toddler in your arms.

"Why are you awake, baby? It's late."

"I wanted to see da baby!" she exclaimed, pointing her tiny hand at the newborn.

"That's okay, but when you're done you need to go back to bed, okay?" She reasoned, earning a nod from the toddler.

"Hiiiii!" Anya spoke, waving excitedly at the baby. Noticing no response, she attempted to catch his attention, but to no avail.

"Mama..." she spoke disappointed "Why da baby no talk?"

Natasha chuckled with her heart quickly melting. "Alex is asleep, darling. He's just a baby, he can't talk yet."

"Oh... When will he wake up? I wanna play!"

This time, it was you who had to explain to Anya.

"He's too young to play. Give him some time and he will play with you, okay?"

"Otay!"

The baby began to slowly twist and turn around, meaning that he was bound to wake up any second.

"Alright, buttercup, it's time to go back to bed," you told Anya, earning a whine.

"I know, I know. Tomorrow, if he's up, you can see him more. Now, c'mon, let's get you to bed." you told her, carrying her towards her bedroom.

You were sure Natasha would want to take charge of Alex so you didn't even bother asking if she would like to take Anya to bed.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾ ❤︎ ☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

Once Anya was tucked safely under her blanket and fast asleep, you gave her a kiss to her tiny forehead and tenderly brushed tendrils of crimson hairs from her face.

"Sleep well, buttercup."

You left the room and returned to the nursery, leaning on the doorway and smiling at the sight you had anticipated; Natasha holding a curled-up Alex in her arms, singing to him a Russian lullaby.

The redhead you were fortunate enough to call your wife looked up at you, smiled sheepishly and mouthed an "I love you." before directing her gaze back to her sleeping son.

You wouldn't give this life up for anything in the world.

━━━━━━━━━━━ ⧗ ━━━━━━━━━━━━