Daydreaming (W.M) (GN)

━━━━━━━━━━━ ᱬ ━━━━━━━━━━━━

Wanda had a certain allure about her that you couldn't get enough of. You didn't know what it was, but it had to be powerful enough to make your heart race with each glance you exchanged just at the dinner table, or each slight touch of her delicate fingertips - it could have been anything.

But, in reality, it was everything.

Ever since she came to the team, Wanda had grown inexplicably close to you. At first, you thought it was to cope with her brother's sudden demise, but it was further than that.

Unbeknownst to you, Wanda was in the exact predicament you were in.

Thus, you made every attempt possible at being close to one another in an attempt to muster the courage to confess your undying feelings towards one another.

"Someday", you thought "I'll tell her. Not now, but someday."

As it turns out, being the shy-ass human you were, that "someday" would be further away than you pictured.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾ ❤︎ ☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

The gurgle beneath the pot's lid was muffled by the laughter and chatter between the two people completely oblivious to one another's undying love: You and Wanda.

Originally, you only intended to linger for a short time because you had plans for the evening, but Wanda's charisma convinced you that being around the Sokovian was far more important than training with Steve.

What is it you were laughing so hard at exactly? You had no idea — or just didn't remember. Your mind was too preoccupied admiring her features.

Her pearly white smile.

The red tint on her cheeks.

The light brown hair shook every so slightly due to her giggles.

Her nose molded into a scrunch as she feebly tried to control her laughter.

You would've said you were looking directly at an angel had you not known how absolutely terrifying they really are.

Completely disregarding the fact she was a mind-reader, your brain went haywire and began marveling over her. So much so that you didn't notice the fact that her melodic laughter had stopped and she just stared at you with tendrils of red light oozing out her eyes.

"She's so adorable."

"How can someone be THIS perfect?!"

"I swear to God I'll probably have a heart attack just by staring at her."

"Should I tell her?"

"What?! Don't be ridiculous, Y/N. Are you trying to embarrass yourself?"

"Holy fuck, she's staring- DO SOMETHING-"

"Y/N?" she interrupted your internal bickering, "Everything alright?" she asked, trying desperately to hide the smile tugging at her lips.

"What- O-oh yeah, sorry." you apologetically smiled, waiting for her reaction.

Instead of laughing or staring strangely at you, Wanda turned back to the stove and checked on the soup she was preparing.

In your embarrassment, you didn't notice her smile or the blush burning up her cheeks.

Deeming the meal ready to be served, she called out to you.

"Y/N, love, can you watch the суп for me while I set the table?"

As if calling you "love" so confidently weren't enough, when she passed by you, she got on her tip-toes and leaned next to your ear and whispered as huskily as she could, "I think you're adorable too, любовь."

With that, Wanda left the kitchen with a proud grin as she could still hear your brain going nuts.

"Okay... Maybe I should tell her."

━━━━━━━━━━━ ᱬ ━━━━━━━━━━━━