Christmas Spirit (N.R) (GN)

━━━━━━━━━━━ ⧗ ━━━━━━━━━━━━

Out of every date, event, or festivity in the year, you had to admit that Christmas was one of your favorites.

There was a sensation so ineffable about sharing snowy mornings paired with hot chocolate with your beautiful spouse, the chance to play in the snow with your two bundles of joy, and spending bonding time with your closest friends and family.

But, before any of that could commence, preparations were in order.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾ ❤︎ ☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

While Natasha set an eye out on the children running around and chasing each other through the woods, you had the grueling task of hanging up the Christmas lights around the house.

You heard Natasha's voice shout out "A little to the left!" and you immediately moved the strips slightly to your left side.

"No! Too much! A little to the right!" she corrected.

You inched the strip ever so slowly to the right, moving it at an incredibly slow rate, waiting for your wife's affirmation.

"There! Perfect!" at last, she gave you the signal and you placed the final strip.

Once everything was done, you carefully climbed down the languid ladder and set your feet firmly onto the soil.

Walking towards where Natasha stood, you studied her face - which could lead to either a frown or a smirk; You preferred the latter.

After a good fifteen seconds of studying the decoration, she turned to face you and gave you the smirk you silently hoped for and assured with an "I love it, it looks beautiful."

"Wait! Wait, can we see- Wooooaaaaah! It looks so pretty!" exclaimed Anya from behind Natasha, her emerald eyes shining with the reflection of the lights.

"Wooow!" Alex's reaction was a little underwhelming compared to Anya's; Nonetheless, he was still amazed.

You chuckled at both of their faces and turned back to the redhead.

"What's next?"

"I believe the tree is up next."

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾ ❤︎ ☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

You set the dusty box down onto the living room carpet and took out the dozens of bags inside it.

Natasha pulled the tall tube that would later serve as the artificial trunk and set it upwards.

"Well, let's get to work then." you sighed out.

"Can we help?" ran to your side a visibly excited Alex. His tiny E/C eyes and pout were honestly impossible to say no to.

"Sure, bud. Here, help me out sorting these branches," you told him while handing over the sticks with a few labels in each.

"I wanna help too!" Anya yelled as she sped from the hallway and sat down next to her younger brother, helping him group up each branch by the label.

That's how the last hour-and-a-half was spent - assembling the Christmas tree.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾ ❤︎ ☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

"Aaaaaaand... Done!" Natasha cheered once she placed the star on the tip of the tree.

It was certainly worth the hour of work it took. The glitter-daubed ornaments, multi-colored light strips, and the decorative rug at its bottom sufficed for the tree to give a look of utter elegance and brilliance.

"We did a great job, high-five, you two." You raised your palm to their height and held it there, receiving a high-five from Anya and one from Alex, though he had to give a tiny hop to properly reach your hand.

"You know what we could do to celebrate?" Natasha asked, looking at the two beaming children.

"What, mama?"

"Some hot chocolate and movies."

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾ ❤︎ ☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

Completely depleted of any energy, you rested in the center of the couch, arm slung over and around Natasha's shoulders, Alex snuggled onto your side, and a Christmas movie playing on the TV.

Natasha tilted her head slightly, giving her a full view of your face. She flashed a dazzling smile which you spotted out of the corner of your eye.

Turning, you asked, "Something wrong, love?"

Natasha's smile only got larger, "Oh, something is very wrong. I couldn't help but notice you haven't kissed me yet." she commented while nearing her face towards yours.

"Is that so? Let me fix that, then."

With that, you closed the distance she had left between your lips. She kissed you tenderly, her lips molding their way into yours.

You were abruptly cut off, however, by the "Eeeeew!" coming from Anya and Alex.

"Oh, shut up, you two. You'll be just like this when you grow up."

━━━━━━━━━━━ ⧗ ━━━━━━━━━━━━