The Woman The Heart Never Forgot (N.R) (GN)

━━━━━━━━━━━ ⧗ ━━━━━━━━━━━━

The plants have grown since last time... When was it? Last week? Month? I don't know anymore.

There's always something I tend to forget; core memories from my childhood, some lf my family, hell even my own name tends to slip by.

All I remember are screams, crying, and a bang all at once. From then on out something new manages to slip by.

The memory I know to the fullest is her. The fiery hair that would cover my face like a veil in the nights of lonesome passion. The eyes that would pierce and burn through my soul like the fire and brimstone element my heart lacked. The slow and grave voice that would profess undying love to no one but the sky at the climax of our act of savage and desperate love. The face a Pagan Goddess would envy.

But, like every other memory, something was missing; her name.

No matter how many times I come back to this exact path amidst thick bushes and swaying trees, the only thing that sticks to my head is the sound of the howling wind.

I loved that woman, that I am sure of. And she loved me. I can recall seeing her there with me, guiding me through every step of the grueling path that life had paved out for me to follow. I, too, remember her warmth, the embrace that would envelop me if and when I needed it, and it would never let go had I not asked for such.

But then, she left.

Everything from then is a blur, a smudged picture where I can only trace a few minimal details together.

I looked down to the bouquet of roses in my hands; Beautiful and delicate, yet sharp and dangerous. Just like her.

'To the woman who the heart never forgot.' read the note hung up by a thin thread.

Lost in my thoughts I nearly crashed onto the one landmark I was so on the lookout for.

I knelt and placed the flowers delicately atop the dirt, brushing off any dust that remained. It was surrounded by a dozen different roses, all with the same tag hung by that fine thread.

'Natasha Romanoff ⧗ Daughter Sister Avenger'

Natasha... Hmm, I'll try to remember it next time.

━━━━━━━━━━━ ⧗ ━━━━━━━━━━━━