Volume 2 Chapter 6: Homunculus

(Y/N) gestured for Jaune to go to the pathway back downstairs.

(Y/N): Go have fun. There's a certain red head who I know who needs a date at this dance. And I'd bet it would make her night if you asked her to dance.

Jaune just looked at (Y/N) for a moment before nodding and heading back downstairs. As soon as he was gone, (Y/N) jumped up to the roof of the balcony. As he landed, he could hear the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs.

Jaune: Hey, (Y/N), why did you...? (Y/N)?

(Y/N) didn't look back as he continued to make his way across the rooftop until he saw his target sitting on the edge. (Y/N) put his aura over his hands and took a seat next to him.

Greed: I see you got my message.

(Y/N): How could I not?

He said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a slip of paper. The paper said "Meet me on the roof of the school during the party. -G" He then crumpled the paper and put it back into his pocket.

(Y/N): How'd you know I'd even go there? And how'd you get it into my pocket

Greed: Secret. How's the party?

(Y/N): Not bad. I was thinking about going to the dance floor.

Greed: Sounds like fun.

(Y/N): You and the others coming back to Beacon any time soon?

Greed: We will be, but Father wants us out of Beacon by the Vytal Festival?

(Y/N): Why?

Greed: For something he has planned...

(Y/N): And that is?

Greed:...

Greed put his hand over his mouth, looking like he was contemplating to actually tell him.

(Y/N): Greed... What does he have planned?

Greed:...

(Y/N): Greed!

Greed: Do you think I would tell you if I wanted to?!

They sat in silence for a minute.

Greed: I'm sorry for snapping at you... I'll tell you when you're ready. Now, what I wanted to tell you w-.

(Y/N): No god damnit!

(Y/N) stood up and glared at Greed.

(Y/N): Greed, I'm ready! I want to know everything! I'm strong enough! I have all of the powers! So tell me, damnit!

Greed deeply sighed before standing up and punching (Y/N) square in the cheek.

Greed: It's not a matter of being strong or not. I made a promise that I would protect you. And I'm not gonna break that promise. If I tell you, you'll learn too much, and Father will...

He trailed off and looked away from (Y/N), realizing he said too much.

(Y/N): Who'd you promise? Was it Alistair?

Greed went wide eyed and backed up a bit when he said that.

Greed: H-How... How do you know that name?

(Y/N): It was Alistair wasn't it?! Who is he?! Demon had a pendant with that name in it, he's Alistair, right? So how does he know me?! Why was he in my room?!

Greed: (Y/N), be quiet, someone might hea-.

(Y/N): They won't hear a damn thing! They're all having the time of their lives downstairs with their blaring music, while I'm trying to figure out who the hell I even am! I'm both a human and Homunculus, but I don't even know what that is!