Volume 1 Chapter 8: The First Day

It's now morning at Beacon Academy. (Y/N) was assigned a room with his teammates but since they don't sleep it's basically a room just for him. (Y/N) is getting ready for his first day of classes. He put on his school uniform and then his coat over it. The others came back not too long before to change into school uniforms except for Envy who switched clothes using his shapeshifting but kept his headband. After getting ready he decided to pull out his scroll that Greed said he "lawfully acquired" and gave to (Y/N) as a birthday present. Greed is the only one who celebrates (Y/N)'s birthday. (Y/N) doesn't remember his original birthday so they celebrate on the day (Y/N) awakened his powers. Greed's first present to him was his coat that he still wears to this day. (Y/N) didn't understand technology very well and spent a lot of time figuring out his scroll. When he looked at the clock he realized that it was 8:50 and he had his first class at 9. He grabbed his stuff and bolted. He rapidly gained speed thanks to Sloth's ability and was able to make it in less than a minute. He stopped on a dime and casually entered his first class of the day with Professor Port. He saw that his teammates were already there and took a seat between Greed and Wrath.

Port: Welcome, (Y/N). Have you seen team RWBY anywhere?

(Y/N): No, sir. My room is located next to theirs and I didn't see them.

Port: I see. I encourage you to show up earlier but it seems that you aren't the worst offender so I'll let it slide.

(Y/N): It won't happen again.

(Y/N) then started looking around the room and saw the detailed posters of various Grimm. After a few minutes Team RWBY finally showed up and took their seats which through the power of sheer convenience was right in front of (Y/N)'s team. After they took their seats Professor Port started the very first class of the year.

Port: Monsters! Demons, Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!

And it quickly became like this. The class was silent and half of the members of team SINS quickly became bored. Greed had fallen asleep. He is the only other Homunculus to sleep. He doesn't need it, he just sees it as a way to pass time. Envy had turned his hand into a puppet of Port and was moving it in time with each word the teacher spoke. Wrath never took his eye off the teacher. (Y/N) was paying attention but what his teacher was saying was going in one ear and slowly leaking out the other.

Port: Uhhhh... And you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying: Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses... Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what, you ask? Why, the very world!

(Y/N) turned to Wrath and started whispering.

(Y/N): Are all of our classes going to be like this?

Wrath: Yes, be quiet, it's rude to talk while someone else is talking.

Port: That is what you are training to become. But first: A story. A tale of a young, handsome man... Me! When I was a boy...

Professor Port's words quickly turned into blahs. (Y/N) put his hands on his desk and rested his head on top of them.

Port: Despite smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man. "Peter", he told me...

(Y/N) then fell asleep very quickly. He slept through most of the class but then woke up near the end of the story.

Port: Ah-heh-hem! In the end, the Beowolf was no match for my sheer tenacity, and I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high, celebrated as a hero!