Ch3 - Corruption

8/6/23 

A/n: So sorry I dropped off the face of the Earth. I forgot I was an author. Also, as of 8/24/23, I will now be starting college. Honestly, I can't believe I made it this far lmao. 

But since it's been a full year and a couple of months since I last updated or published anything, I'm most likely going to update a few things here and there from the previous chapters to do some cleanup (I'm also gonna try and pick up where I left off to the best of my abilities; I know I had stuff planned for this book, but I forgot a majority of it since).  Another thing too--- I'm probably gonna be really lazy when it comes to editing the other chapters..

 Meanwhile, I hope that this chapter, and the next ones too, have shown some improvement in my writing style and are to your liking. Enjoy~!

Your POV

During one of your morning adventures, you were surprised on this fine morning day when you sensed some familiar souls nearby, and when you followed them, you didn't expect Izuku or All Might to be on a cluttered beach. All Might was sitting on top of a fridge, Izuku holding some to his torso as he tried pulling it, only to fail. 

'This is probably the training Izuku briefly mentioned, huh?' 

" . . . This isn't my problem." You tell yourself, turning in the opposite direction to mind your own damn business. Is it a little rude to not greet your friend and the #1 Hero? Maybe. But they seem busy, and you don't wanna intrude on their training session. And this moment is an important factor for Izuku. 

Besides, you had your own shit to worry about. There were obviously some things going on now that you were in your final year of Junior High. Your parents were now pressuring you to start training-- preparing for your entrance exams to U.A. 

'But I don't want to become a hero. Is that so hard for them to understand?'  You thought stubbornly, kicking some pebbles as you strode through an empty park, save for a few early risers who went for a jog. 

There were no reasons for you to do so, anyway. To become a hero, you mean. What was the purpose? There are already enough people who can fill the role of a 'hero.' You just want to exist-- to have fun. Is that so much to ask for?

As the saying goes: You were here for a good time, not a long time. 

And your patience was growing thin. Your parents, now that your time to enroll in a hero academy has arisen, have grown more and more hissy about your future hero life. The plans they have for you are wearing you thin too. It's all they ever talked about now; your studies, your training, the type of friends you'll make, what you've been up to, etc.  It's like you don't have your own life to control anymore. 

They were light-hearted at the start of the year, but you guess their plans for your future have been putting pressure on them, so they've become overbearing. 

Honestly, you regret telling them anything about your Quirk when you were still a child. You didn't think much of it; they were curious about what Quirk their child may have gotten as you didn't seem to show signs of anything. So when you were old enough to speak and take care of yourself, they seem to have taken the initiative themselves. And you, despite being reincarnated and knowing better, were oblivious because it was just their inquisitiveness.