Ch4 - A Grave Just For Us, My Dear

A/n: There's a lot of foreshadowing in this chapter. It's not entirely subtle (at least I think so lol) so I'm sure you'll be quick to pick up on it :). 

Your POV

It was exhausting. You've never met someone so persistent in trying to encounter you throughout the city. You're not even that special! This fucker made you change your schedules, your routes; anything that would lead to you being traced. You went over and beyond just purely because you want to avoid facing that one guy. And you were honestly astounded at how well you have avoided that mystery guy these past months. With your soul-sensing ability, it was easy for you to tell where he was and what locations to avoid. 

The guy had given up probably three weeks after your initial encounter. But you weren't going to let your guard down just like that. You've made sure to avoid this soul entirely. Of course, however, there were a few occasions you sensed him nearby, but the guy has yet to chase you through the streets—just momentary appearances, nothing major. 

The months-long wait has finally fallen before you. This was the day your parents were waiting for. This, however, was the day you dreaded. 

Despite the excited and happy gleam that was present in your parents' eyes, yours remained the opposite. Dull. An emerald that has yet to be polished, left alone for too long without the proper care. If the emerald were sentient, it would be as if it never knew its own worth. 

Was it really going to become this? Were you going to become a hero, just because your parents said so? If this continues, you'll wind up like you did in your previous life. But what more can you do? 

Runaway? You can do that, but it'd take a lot of effort to just keep yourself alive out there. That just seems like a lot of work, but so does being a hero...

Your parents were too absorbed in rambling on about how great you'll do today, that they failed to notice your lack of expression. You moved robotically, never fully responding to any of their questions or their statements. Their words flowed in through one ear, and out the other like a river that never seemed to stop.  

Hearing them gloat about how they were right about paving the path for you to become a hero made you sick. They can't see it, and you bet they're not even aware of it, but their souls have suddenly been contaminated with greed. It's happened over the course of the past year. It slowly began sinking into their hearts that, 4 years from now, or even sooner,  their child will most likely rise to fortune and fame from her successful career. 

They'll thrive in that spotlight too. Because you're family, right?

"I'm leaving."

~~~

Waiting at the gates for your friend felt like forever, especially when all you got were some stares from random kids entering the school gates. 

Checking your phone for the time caused you to sigh. The only good part about enrolling in U.A. was the fact that you'll get to stick around with your best friend. As long as he's there with you, you're content with your unwanted circumstances. Izuku being here makes this whole thing a little more bearable. 

The music in one earbud played as you continued waiting. 

...

And every bright neon sign turned into stars

And the sun and the moon seemed to be ours

You were leaning against the wall of the building, eyes grazing over the crowds of students pooling in. As you stood there, you sensed someone staring; and not just your usual 'students staring at you as they walked by,' no, it was a full-on 'staring through you.' The sudden, unwanted attention made you stand at your full height, this time trying to zone in on a specific person whose eyes continued staring into your existence.