Ch10 - Crazy? I Was Crazy Once

A/n: Gore warning during the fight with the Nomu. I don't think I went into great detail about the gore-y events, but I thought I should put it out there just in case some of you guys are squeamish.

This chapter is also longer than the other "long" chapter. This one is currently 8100+ words, so I hope you enjoy! There's a lot of action in this one :D

Apologies in advance if there are any spelling or grammar errors. I was in a rush when typing this out!

Your POV

" . . . " 

" . . . "

"You live." 

"Of course I do." Your friend you made months before school started had smiled at you. His name was Enzo, Tokunaga Enzo, "And I haven't been able to thank you for saving me during the entrance exams. I owe you one."

You frantically began shaking your head, "No, you don't. I was just doing what was right. I don't think it'd sit right if I watched you get flattened by a building..." You respond, keeping your gaze to your path ahead of you, "So don't think you owe me anything."

Not wanting to argue with you the boy just glances down a smile still present on his face as he fiddled with a loose string that hung from his uniform sleeve, "Still, I appreciate it nonetheless..." 

Your walk through the entrance of the UA building mainly consisted of what you've been up to since you've last talked. You left out the information about you being stalked, of course you would. You don't want to draw anymore unnecessary attention. You already have the police department keeping an eye on you. 

Upon reaching the intersection of the school's hallway, you two bid each other farewell and parted ways there. You went to the hero course, and Tokunaga-san had gone to the general ed department. 

~

"For today's hero basic training, it's turned into a class with three instructors. Myself, All Might, and one other."

Everyone began wondering what the reason was for the class to be 'turned into' one involving three instructors. Some wondered if it was because of the break-in from the other day or just because U.A wanted to be more cautious. 

Sero leaned out from his seat, raising his hand, "Excuse me! What'll we be doing?"

Aizawa pulled out a card, containing the words 'RESCUE' and explained, "Disasters, shipwrecks, and everything in between. It's rescue training."

You began tuning out some of the conversation as your peers began to enthusiastically converse with each other about today's lesson. 

"Let me finish speaking..." Aizawa cuts in, glaring at the crowd. His action and words immediately shut up the students, "You can decide if you want to wear your costume or not this time.  Because there are probably costumes that limit your abilities, too." Aizawa opened the panels on the side of the classroom, the costumes sliding out from the shelves, "The training will take place off-campus, so we're taking a bus. That is all. Start getting ready."

Everyone didn't hesitate as they got up from their seats and began grabbing their gear. You followed in suit, only doing so when the small line of students thinned out.

While you were in the girl's changing room getting ready, Uraraka approached you and began talking with you excitedly, "Are you nervous? This is going to be our first practice in rescue training! What do you think they have prepared for us?" She rambled, a cute smile was present on her face; a single dimple appeared on the left side of her cheek as she continued rambling on enthusiastically.