The rules

I went to my next class with my head buzzing with confusion. Possibly the most popular guy, the player just asked me to be his girlfriend- well, fake girlfriend. I could never be with that selfish dick head for real. I look up to the teacher's lecture about history and pull out my phone. I find Dillan's contact from a project we had to do in sophomore year. We argued so much that the teachers never put us together again.

I text him, Btw we are fake dating not real dating or whatever.

He responded after a minute, how the fuck did you get my number?

I silently scoffed at the text and replied, Our first and last English project in sophomore year, asshole. Meet me in the library after school. We have to talk.

I put my phone away and took notes the rest of the period.

—-
Finally when school was over I went to the library to find a familiar guy with brown curls. He was looking in mystery novel section where I went up to him.

"You wanted to talk?" He said not even looking at me.

"Yeah, we need rules if I am going to do this."

"Ok" he said while he grabbed his pile of books he collected and placed them on a nearby table. "what rules?"

"Umm I haven't figured that out yet but I have a few ideas."

"Ok" he grabbed a piece of paper from his backpack and wrote: the rules of fake dating.
I hate to admit but he has good handwriting.

"Rule one: don't catch any feelings for the other person." He said while writing.

"Why would I like you Dillan" I scoffed.

"You already do Moria." He said winking and leaning into me.

"Rule two." I say quickly, " no kissing or sex."

"Oh wow I was looking forward for those two."
I hit him hard on his shoulder and he got the message. I glared at him.

"Rule three: we only fake date in public not in private." He said.

"Do you think I'm going to cuddle you or something?"

"You never know..."

"Shut up Dillan."

He laughed and handed me the handwritten paper and pen. He taped at a line that said sign here and I wrote the best signature I have ever done.