The libary

After the whole fiasco with Anne I didn't talk to Dillan for the rest of the week. He kept his distance and I kept mine. I didn't next next to him during lunch or did he drive me to school. It was like nothing ever happened. 

I felt a buzz in my hoodie pocket during math class. I glance up to my teacher helping a student on a problem across the room. I took my phone out.

Hey. We need to talk. Meet in the library during lunch??

Dillan.

What could he want now? We both haven't talked to each other in a week and he wants to talk? Is anyone was actually paying attention to our relationship, they would have thought we have broken up. I hesitantly texted back.

Yeah sure.

When the lunch bell rang after math I stopped to get a snack from the vending machine. I saw chips, chocolate and bars, but I just went with my usual; sweet and salty popcorn. It's the only one that doesn't taste stale at e good price. When I was about to enter the library the door hit my body before I could open it.

"Oh shit I'm so sorry," a male voice said. "Moria."

That little shit, "Dillan, I thought we were meeting in the library?" I said.

"You were taking to long so I thought you stood me up." He said frustrated.

"I was hungry."

"You were hungry?" He said skeptical.

"You told me to meet you in the library during lunch. I eat during lunch dipshit. I am hungry." I stated.

He looked at me for a moment and then stepped aside and held open the library door. I looked at him confused.

"You going inside princess?" He said sarcastically.

I laughed and went inside. While he sighed at my pettiness.

We found a table toward the back of the library and sat down. We sat there in awkward silence for a moment.

"You wanted to talk?" I said breaking the silence.

"Yeah. Umm, I know you said that you want to continue this but, I don't know if it is a good idea." He said slowly.

"Because of what Anne said?"

"Not just because of her. I just been thinking about it."

"Dillan, I can handle Anne. It's ok."

"Ok," he suddenly became normal again, "there's a party on Saturday night at 9, one of my friends invited me to it. That can be a good place to show everyone that we are serious" he said putting air quotes on 'serious'.

"Yeah I'll be able to I usually free. My dad will probably yes."

"Ok you can ask your mom too just in case." He added.

I suddenly went quiet. I felt a lump growing in my throat and I tried to push it down. I took a deep breath and tried to talk.

"No, I wont." I said quietly.

Dillan got the message that I didn't want to talk bout her so he changed the subject.

"Ok. Umm, well at the party there probably will be alcohol so, be careful."

"Ok."

"I'll pick you up at 9?"

"Yeah. That good thank you." I gave him a soft smile.

"Ok. I'll see you tomorrow?"

I nodded and looked at his back while he walked off. I never knew that he could be this caring.

But I still hate him.