Chapter VII

Instantly, a creeping feeling took over my body, and I shut off the phone, but held it hesitantly, waiting for a reply.
*unknown user logged off IM*
my phone buzzed, and I let out all the air I had been unknowingly holding. With a sinking feeling in my stomach I turned off the light and lay in bed until I slowly fell asleep. As I did I noticed two glowing golden orbs in the window, but I was long gone.

I woke up, mind foggy and head throbbing. The walk to school was long and the damp fog that covered the land made my clothes stick to my skin and my hair puff out. First period went by uneventfully and second seemed to be going the same way when the PA system kicked in with a crackle of feedback. "Cassandra Sinclair and Calyx Harrison report to the principals office immediately" the secretary called, and all eyes were on us. Calyx gave one of his trademark smirks, high-fived a couple of his friends and walked out, as I followed. Whistles and giggles flew around and I bit my cheek and walked out the door and into the empty hallway.
"Cassycassycassy" Calyx whispered, and I moaned inwardly, and walked as fast as I could towards the stairwell. He jogged to catch up and slid down the banister along side me.
"Why won't you talk to me?" He asked, and I scornfully scoffed at him.
"I was just being playful the other day" he continued, and a genuine look of disappointment passed his face.
"Okay well then I'll just be playful now" I said, and pushed him off the banister and onto the stairs. He landed on his feet, seemingly hovering for a second before doing so.
"Don't push me you little-" and I shoved him a little as I walked by. He stuck out his foot, and sent me sprawling.
"You bastard!" I yelled and tried to get close to him to give him a piece of my mind when he moved to the left so fast, he blurted out of my vision.
"What the -" and then he shoved me again.
"I'm allowed to push a girl if she pushes me first" he stated, balled his fist up and walked into the principals office.

"Hello Calyx, Cassandra" Principal Fingins greeted, the sympathetic polite smile on her face a sign that the coming news was not going to be good.
"As you both know, this school has a strict no physical fight or verbal fight policy." She continued, and I scoffed.
"For breaking that rule, there must be consequences, for both of you. You will both be serving confined detention with each other for two weeks. You will be in a room for an hour a day alone with each other and if any fight breaks loose, then expulsion could be strongly considered." We gaped and started talking at the same time, rage evident in our voices.
"But no I would rather be suspended"
"Isn't there another punishment"
"Please this is cruel"
"Who the fu- do you think you are"
She shook her head, the same smile plastered on her face as she regarded us with what looked like irritation mixed with "poor children".
"I'm sorry, my decision is final".
____________________
Hey guys,
Took a while to get to 500, but we got there so high-five!
Next update when this chapter hits 50 reads.
Hope you enjoy!!
Angela