Chapter VI

"Again. Another call home. Cassandra this is unbelievable." Her voice was dripping in frustration, as she groomed her hair with a finger absentmindedly.
"Crap mom you know it's not just you that thinks that it's ridiculous" I muttered, instantly regretting it as mom's face lit up in fury.
"Oh yeah! Well why don't you..I don't know. Do something about it!!!" She yelled, slamming her fists on the table and slouching down.
"Ma it's not like that, you don't understand" I tried, but it's too late.
"Cass, just go upstairs" she sighed, defeated. I looked back once more, but let guilt get the best of me and carry me upstairs.

The rough voice of Robert Plant and Stairway to Heaven filled my ears and head and made me forget. Ohhhh and it makes me wonder he sung, and I looked up at the ceiling, biting my lip. I bit my lip whenever I was anxious, mad, sad, basically anytime. My phone vibrated in my hand, and I picked it up. A call from an unknown user.
"Hey, it's Cassandra" I stated bluntly.
"I know" replied the voice, the tone breezily, confidently, and obnoxiously.
"Wish I could say I know who you are" I said.
"Not important" the voice replied, husky but relaxed.
"Well, kinda is you know? So I don't end up talking to an axe-murderer"
A chuckle greeted my reply.
"I just wanted to say..I'm sorry" he said, for the first time his voice sounding the least bit nervous.
"Who..." I started but the phone went dead.
I let it fall against my chest in confusion. It couldn't have been.. No it was impossible. Right?

He wasn't in class the next day. It was strange, how sudden someone could come into your world and then disappear. Of course, disappear was pretty exaggerated. His name was pronounced every other sentence. Calyx. The classes went by. They didn't go well. But they went by. I walked home, the weather mirroring my feelings. It wasn't cold but it wasn't hot it was just there. My red hair was muggy and tangled, and the dampness didn't help. I bit my lip as I trudged on, wrestling my hand through my tangled hair. A ping came out from my pocket, and I flipped open my phone.
Message from Unknown User. Allow message?
I pressed yes, and the message popped up.
Unknown user: Hey Cass
Me: Who is this
Unknown user: Not important ;)
_________________
Hey guys,
Next update at 500 reads,
Hope you enjoy!
What do u think is gonna happen?
Don't forget to vote please!
Byeeeee