one

Racing.

It's one of the many things I enjoy and am good at.

It's also my main source of profit.

So, here I was. Dressed in high waisted shorts, a baggy black tank, and combat boots. Walking around and abandoned parking lot that was now filled with all sorts of cars. Some playing loud music, others revving their wngines for the hell of it.

I watched as a black car crossed tje finih line quickly, people cheering and some giving others money. Who even was that? I joined the crowd, pushing my way towards the front and watched the racer get out.

He was dressed in a white vneck and black jeans with boots. He was nicely built, and his car? Perfection. He laughed slightly and high fived a few people. Then, walked over to Tej.

"Alright, alright y'all. Who's next to face Dominic Torreto?" he asked, being loud enough for all to here. The crowd fell silent. Was no one really brave enough to race him? Damn.

I reached into my pocket, pulling out a roll of cash and walking out into the crowd. I put it into Tej's hand and pulled a little smirk. I heard whistles come from the crowd behind us as both boys looked at me.

"What? You wanted a race. So, let's race." I said, getting in my car and pulling up to the line. I drove a dark blue 69' Mustang. I had a thing for older cars. I looked over and saw Dominic pull up next to me. All I could hear was the revving of our engines and cheering.

I looked over at him as I felt his gaze on me, smiling and shaking my head slightly. "If you're trying to do that thing where you give me that look and I just melt into your hands and lose control, it's not working." I said, and his expression changed.

"Firey and a great car?" he said, chuckling a bit. I did the same, rolling my eyes in a playful manor. I then looked in front of me and the slutty girl, asking if we were ready. I revved my enjine in response. Soon enough, she gave us the signal to go.

We sped off into the streets of L.A., both attempting to achieve the same goal.

Weaving in and out of traffic, avoiding stop lights and signs, and everything in between, we were soon to the finish line.

A few feet away, my car swerved out of control. Before I knew it, my car was flipped over against a concrete wall. I could feel people staring. This would be my first loss. I can't lose. No way.

I finally got out of my seatbelt, kicking the door open and crawling out. I held my side, coughing slightly. There were a few bruises here and there, some cuts too. I began to slowly make my way back to the line, until I heard that familiar engine come to a stop behind me.

I turned around, watching him get out of the car and walk towards me. All eyes were on him now as he stood over me.

"What are you doing, Torreto? You're about to win, get back in your car and--" I was cut off by him picking me up bridal style and carrying me across the line. People were stunned.

He set me down, and held my hand in the air. "Here's your winner." he said, and some people cheered. I looked at him, then at the people and walked off. My intentions were to get back to the hotel and shower.

I was halfway back, until there was and engine behind me. I turned around and looked to see nothing other Dominic.

"What do you want? Shouldn't you be back there?" I said, pointing back in the direction he came from. He had slowed down to my walking pace, talking to me.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay." his voice boomed from his chest. I hadn't notinced how deep it was until now. It suited him.

"Generally, when a guy says that, they want me to sleep with them. The answer is no." I said, jumping to conclusions. It was true. Every guy said that.

He chuckled, shaking his head a little. "No, no. It's nothing like that. I promise. Do you need a ride?" he asked as he continued to follow me. The gesture was nice and all, but I barely knew him. He could be a rapist, or a killer.

I didn't answer, and kept walking.

"Look, either you can go back to that shitty hotel, or come back with me to my house and stay for awhile. Which one is it?"

|PRESENT DAY|

"Dom, hurry up! We're going to be late." Mia shouted from the bottom of the stairs. Itvwas Sunday, meaning church.

I stood in the kitchen, wearing a floral dress. I sighed, sipping my coffee. I set it down and walked over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I got it."

I walked up the stairs, knocking on his door softly. I slowly opened it, only to see a frustrated Dom, attempting to tie his tie. I smiled slightly and walked towards him. "Hold on."

I took the material in my hands, biting my lip in concentration. A small laugh came from Dom as he watched. "I should know how to do this by now."

"You think?" I ask, rolling my eyes playfully. Every Sunday, I had to do this. Ever since that night 5 years ago. I soon had it tied and stepped back.

"Thank you." Dom's deep voice rumbled. I nodded in response, looking up at my taller friend. We had grown much closer since that race, and I had also moved in. He asked me to. He was actually really sweet, and kind under all that toughness.

"You look nice." he said, breaking my thoughts. I looked away as my face turned red.

"C'mon, Torreto." I said, and pulled him downstairs for church.