four

/ elise /

I sat on my bed, currently deleting pictures of my boyfriend. Well, ex boyfriend.

God, I hated him. It was funny, because I actually thought he loved me. Guess I was wrong since he was sleeping with my best friend.

Suddenly my phone started ringing, and Brian's name and picture showed up. Why would he be calling me this late? Shouldn't he be in bed with Mia, or taking care of Jack? I slide the answer button over and put it against my ear.

"Brian? Why are you calling so late? I thought you would be asleep." I said, confused as to why he would call at near midnight.

"Thank God you answered. Where are you right now?" he asked, panic in his voice. Was he okay?

"Uhm yeah, I'm at the house. What's wrong? Is it everything okay?" I asked with concern full in my voice.

"Dom was arrested. We got him out, but he won't go anywhere. Maybe you can make him go home?" Brian asked, hoping for a yes.

I agreed and slid my shoes on, hanging up and waiting for him.

_____________________________________

I shook my leg nervously, waiting to see Dom. I chewed on my lower lip and looked around. My eyes fell upon the doors of the police station, and the sight tore me apart inside.

He had cuts and bruises everywhere, and he look rugged and tired. I walked up to him, my pace rather fast. I wrapped my arms around his torso and buried my face into his chest. I felt one arm wrap around my lower back and the other holding my head gently.

We stood silently, the only noise being the sound of cars going by. Suddenly, he broke the silence.

"Are you okay?" he asked, pulling away, but still only an inch or two away from me.

I nodded, looking at him. I placed a hand on his cheek and slowly rubbed my thumb across the skin. "You have to stop being so crazy." I said in a whisper like tone.

He didn't say anything, but look uo at Brian and Mia. He then looked back at me. "C'mon." He took me by the wrist and led me to his car. We both got in and headed home.

The entire ride was silent, which wasn't normal. We always had something to discuss. Maybe he was just tired.

He unlocked the door, and I told him to to wait in the kitchen so I could bandage him up. Surprisingly, he obeyed.

After I finished, we stood in silence. It was both comfortable and awkward.

"Where were you?" I asked, looking at him as he stood parallel to me. "And don't you dare lie to me, Toretto."

He looked back at me, taking in a deep breath before answering. "I was at Charlie's." he spoke sort of slowly. What? Why was he there?

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "You can't just go around beating people up because they break hearts. That's not how life works. I understand you care, but you're going to get yourself killed. You can't keep treating life lile.a game." I said, annoyed with him.

"He killed Letty, okay?" he said, me now in shock. No. He was lying. Maybe he wasn't. I don't know.

"He almost did the same to you, and I wasn't going to sit around yere and wait for him to do the same to you. And if you thought I was? Too bad. Not a chance. I care about your safety, amd will do anything within my power to ensure it." he said, his voice raising as he inched closer with every word.

"W-What? She's dead? How could you lie to me like that? For years I thought the closest thing I had to a sister was just off working or on vacation. You can't keep treating me like a child, Dom. Because I am far from one. Friends don't lie to each other. I thought you of all people would know that." I said, my voice raising as well. I also began to walk closer to him as I became infuriated.

"Would you rather have a lie or a horrifying truth? You were so damn happy, Elise. I could see it in your eyes. I couldn't take that away from you. It wouldn't be fair." he said, now towering over me.

He had this look in his eye. He had a persona. Like he was an angry, controlling, protective, yet caring being all at the same time. I couldn't look at him. I didn't want to because I knew exactly what that look did to me. It made me so weak. So vulnerable. It was like a battlefield, and my army surrenders it all to him. I can't do it this time. Don't give in, Elise. Don't.