🌿4. A painful past

In front of the principal's room

I hesitantly knocked the door with Jungwon behind me.

"Excuse me Ms..." I said to her carefully as Jungwon and I bowed to her.

"Come here and sit down." The principal said and we both sat on the chairs in front of her table.

"So.. you are the new student, Yang Jungwon am I right?" She asked and Jungwon nodded.

"And you are Kwon Jooa, the class president of class A." She glanced at me.

"Yes Ms." I nodded.

"I heard that both of you just fought with two students from class B, Jenieve and Jevellyn and even YOU, Yang Jungwon, made her wrist bleeding." She pointed to Jungwon as she glared at her. I was trembling and afraid, I was sure that she would shout at us because... she is Jenieve's aunt. I glanced at Jungwon and I was surprised that he's calm and relax. 

"I'll explain to you what had happened." Jungwon replied politely.

I moved closer to his ear and whispered, "be careful, she's Jenieve's aunt, but I believe in you." I said and he nodded. 

"So, first of all I want to apologize to hurt your niece, Jenieve, but I'm not doing something without reasons. So, Jooa and I were at the canteen to eat. I told Jooa to sit first while I waited for our food. But then, your cousin, Jenieve with her friend, bullied Jooa, she even shouted, all students at the canteen saw this incident, she also hurt Jooa physically. Just now, she made her jaw bruised, you can even see the bruise now and she did all of this-" Just when Jungwon wanted to continue his explanation, the principal slammed the table that made us startled.

"YOU, YANG JUNGWON, HOW DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT! SHE'S NOT THAT KIND OF PERSON, SHE'S ALWAYS AT HER CLASS, STUDYING HARD SHE WON'T DO THAT THING!" She shouted and I almost cried, but Jungwon calmed me down. He patted my back to calm me.

"Calm down first Ms... so you think that I'm lying?" Jungwon chuckled.

"You are a new student here and you just transferred today, how can I believe you, Jungwon?" She answered sternly while glaring at Jungwon, who looked rather calm and found out that this situation is quite funny. 

"I have proof if you wanted to." Then he reached out his phone and played a video. It turns out that there are some students who recorded the incident this morning,  The principal watched niece that she always though that was quiet and innocent, is. a. bully.

"N-no way..... Jenieve that I know is not like this.." She grabbed her head furiously.

" Yes she is... she is Jenieve and you should apologize for cutting my explanation because there are more explanation about her REAL behavior. " Jungwon stated coldly.

I froze, seeing this in front of me and I was more startled about Jungwon. I thought that he was a shy person but little did I know that he actually can be a brave and a scary person.. really scary that he also makes me scared, scared that one day, He'll shout like that to me. He's more than what I thought when I first met him. 

I tried to stop thinking about it and focus on what's happening right now.

"I'll give Jooa to explain you more about Jenieve." Jungwon then faced me and smiled. He encouraged me and I nodded.

I take a deep breath and started explaining. "What Jungwon said just now are all correct Ms. She has been bullied me since months ago. At first, she only dared to bully me after school so that our classmates and the other students wouldn't see her true nature. but today, she dared to bully me in front of many people. She may looks like an innocent girl but she isn't Ms.. she even hurt me, here and this today." I said as I showed her the bruises that I got from Jenieve.

The principal sighed, she was too shocked just now, but she started to believe us after we explained to her. 

"Can... you tell me what is the reason she bullies you?" She asked me.

"U-uh.." My tongue went numb for a moment and couldn't explain it to her.

"I think it's a painful past for her Ms and also her privacy, From what I know it's all because of misunderstanding between your niece and Jooa, I'm sure Jooa didn't do anything wrong to her, trust me." Jungwon said to her and I stared at him, amazed at how he can explain to the principal with confidence and even assured her.

"Okay, well thank you Jungwon and Jooa for explaining what happened to me, and I want to apologize on behalf of Jenieve's behavior. Actually.. I just knew about her true behavior and I'll give lessons to her. You two may go back to your class." The principal said as she nodded. We both bowed to her then Jungwon hold my hand and we went out of the office.

"Good job on explaining to the principal! We did it!" Jungwon smiled as he high five with me.

"It's all because of you, thank you." I smiled sincerely to him, I'm really grateful to him.

"I promise I'll tell you what happened to me and Jenieve." I said.

He nodded and gave a thumbs up. "Let's go back to our class first, I'm sure we are late." He chuckled.

I smiled awkwardly and nodded. Then we ran together to our class.