Welcome to Happy Harbor

Star City Docks; July 17th; 23:16 PDT

In the cover of the night, two people are unloading a truck. As they remove the first, long, flat container, an arrow drops between the two. Red fletching showing off and the nock blinks bright red before releasing gas. The gas knocks the two to the ground and the container goes flying, popping open to reveal a high-tech gun. The gun slides to the feet of one of their associates, Daniel Brickwell, aka Brick, who takes aim as the barrel gains three red streaks. He looks to the construction set over his head, finally zeroing in on Speedy, who has ditched his hat.

Brick: You again? I'm starting to get insulted that Green Arrow's not messing up my operations personally. (Narrows his eyes as he aims at Speedy)

The ex-protege dives to the right grabbing onto the next support column, just barely staying in front of the shots. As Brick shoots at the bridge he nearly grabbed, Speedy drops down a level and runs across the bridge. Brick shoots in front of the young archer, who changes his momentum so he could flip and nock an arrow and releases it. Shooting the arrow right down the barrel, causing it to explode in Brick's hand, even shredding his suit.

Brick: Do you know what I pay for a suit my size?! (Looks towards his other henchmen) Scorch the Earth, boys.

The four raise their guns to do that, but a blur comes through and two of them are suddenly sent to the ground. The last two aim at him, only for their guns to be knocked out of their hands. Robin swings into an opening in the crates with his happy cackle bringing their attention to Aqualad. The Atlantean drops down with his water-bearers turning into whips which hit the smugglers in full force. This knocks them into the back of the truck and to the ground, unconscious.

Brick lifts a chunk of concrete and throws it at Speedy, who dodges and keeps running before he stops and fires an arrow at Brick that explodes as it hits his massive shoulder. That doesn't stop him from throwing another piece of concrete at Speedy. However, this time Speedy jumps out of the way, nocking another arrow as Aqualad jumps to where he was and forms a sword with his water-bearer before slicing the concrete in half giving Speedy an opening to hit Brick with a gas arrow.

Aqualad: The cave is perfect; it has everything the team will need.

Robin: (Drops down behind Speedy) For covert missions. You know, spy stuff.

Kid Flash: (Runs up the crates and lands just shy of the edge) And wait till you see Superboy and Miss Martian. But I saw her first.

Robin: Technically, Spidey did first.

The gas wasn't enough to take out Brick, which is made clear as he lets loose another war cry and throws another piece of concrete at the conversing teens. Speedy, Robin, and Kid Flash all dodge, but Aqualad remains firmly. He forms a couple of maces with his water-bearers and destroys the concrete. Speedy fires three arrows that stick to Brick's chest and releases three small explosions to knock him back. They didn't affect him as much and he just chuckles.

Brick: Tell Arrow he shouldn't send boys to do a man's job.

Speedy nocks an arrow and takes aim. Brick stands tall with his arms wide out.

Brick: Go ahead.

Speedy grinds his teeth as he shoots the arrow. The arrow hits him and does nothing for a moment, then foam releases from the capsule that was stuck to Brick and traps him in it.

Kid Flash: High-density polyurethane foam. Nice.

Speedy turns and walks away, but in order to fully leave the docks, he needs to walk past Robin and Aqualad. Who stand on either side of two crates that lead a path that will lead right out of the docks, if you know the way.