Schooled

Downtown, Metropolis; August 3rd, 7:38 EDT

A bus filled with children made its way down the road and onto the upcoming bridge; each child was excited for their field trip and talking among themselves. Suddenly, the bridge started to collapse and knocks off two steel wires that were holding the bridge together and they fall to the ground, shattering the cars ahead of the bus. The bus driver hits the brakes as the bus went over the curb and hit the guard-rail. And then a truck honked its horn as it attempted to brake. Unfortunately, it wasn't able to stop in time as it knocked into the bus and pushes it towards the guard-rail and breaks it. Then another car crashed into the bus, causing it be halfway off the bridge.

From above in the highest-level of Wayne enterprises stood Bruce Wayne, who frowned as he saw the incident. He attempts to suit up until he sees Superman flying in and fixes the bridge with his heat vision. As Superman fixes the bridge, Superboy jumps in to help. He picks up a car away from the edge and puts it down, then he runs towards the bus as it was close to falling. He tries to pull it back on the bridge, but he falls on his back to see Superman holding the bus and places it down as Superboy walks toward him.

Superboy: I had that.

Superman: I didn't wanna take the chance. As it is, your landing could have destabilized the entire bridge.

Superboy: It didn't.

Superman: But it could have. We don't yet know the limit of your powers.

Superboy: (Looks down) Well, maybe you could, (looks back at Superman) you know, help me figure that out.

Superman looks away and then looks back at Superboy.

Superman: Batman's got that covered.

Superman's communicator goes off.

Superboy: Yeah, I know, but-

Superman: (To communicator) Superman. Wait, Arrow, slow down. (Walks away) What's attacking. (Looks over at Superboy then looks away) No, I'm definitely available, coordinates? Got it, on my way. (Looks at Superboy) Sorry, Super...boy. Duty calls.

Superman flies off leaving Superboy alone. As he was flying, gets a call from Bruce on the communicator.

Superman: Already got the alert, Bruce.

Bruce: I know, Clark. But we need to talk.

Mount Justice; August 3rd, 13:06 EDT

Robin, Miss Martian, and Spider-Man watch as Kid Flash and Aqualad play Holo Hockey and KF was winning.

Computer: Recognized: Superboy, B06.

Spider-Man: Hey, Superboy. How'd it go in Metropolis?

Superboy ignores him and keeps walking. Someone clears their throat and that someone was Black Canary and Martian Manhunter was with her.

Black Canary: Ready for training, everyone?

Miss Martian: Black Canary! Uncle J'onn!

Miss Martian walks over to hug her uncle.

Martian Manhunter: (Puts a hang on her shoulder) M'gann, I was in the neighborhood, so I thought I'd see how you were adjusting.

Black Canary: I'll need a sparring partner.

Kid Flash: (Raises his hand) Right here. Yeah! (He walks to the center in front of Black Canary and takes one more bite of his banana) After this- (tosses banana peel into the trash can) swish- I'll show you my moves.

Black Canary smiles knowingly as her eyes narrow. She throws a quick jab, which he blocks, but finds his feet being taken out from under him before he can react. He hits on his back with a thud that causes M'gann to look on worriedly, Aqualad and Spider-Man to lean back, and Robin to frown with confusion. On the floor, it reads in big letters: Kid Flash Status: Fail.