twelve

"So what's the threat, boss?" Sam asked after they took off in the quinjet, being told they would be briefed on the ride there.

"We've got an inhuman that is learning of their powers, something to do with electricity. They're out of control. S.H.I.E.L.D. is on another assignment in deep Russia so we've been called in under the director's orders. Team one will be Romanoff, Amsel, and Rogers. In case things go haywire, Barnes, myself, and Wilson will be team two. Banner will be on standby with this team, I don't see this as a code green. We land in ten minutes." Tony announced to them all.

"Do we have a name?" Natasha asked.

"Facial rec has identified him as Jacob Leeson, a thirty-four year own lawyer from New Orleans. He's taken out half the city's power grid." He informed them, bringing his state identification up onto the screen.

"So what do we do about inhumans?" Emilia asked, unfamiliar with the protocols.

"We listen to the director of the Inhuman Program. Agent Johnson has advised us to secure him in a containment chamber that will prevent him from spiraling out of control with his powers, until they get back from their assignment." Tony responded, pointing to the back of the quinjet where a white containment pod, much like the one she woke up to when she first was captured, was waiting for use in the back of the jet.

"Copy that." Steve affirmed for everyone.

"Excited for your first mission?" Natasha asked her after a few minutes had gone by, and she looked up at her with a small smile.

"I think so." She said, and Natasha could hear the uncertainty in her voice and laid a hand on her shoulder.

"You're gonna do great. This is a great way to get your feet wet. It's rare we get called in for an inhuman, but when we do, it's usually an easy mission." He reassured her, and the girl nodded. They landed in New Orleans shortly after, the quinjet traveling faster than any plane she had ever been on.

"Alright team one, you're up." Tony said as the door opened for them. Steve led the way with Natasha and Emilia behind him, Tony dropping them off in a spot just outside where Jacob Leeson was just spotted.

"So what's the play?" Emilia asked as the three of them went down the street, following the trail of darkness. Although it was morning, dark clouds were overhead, and without the lights of the city, it made the visibility a little harder.

"Here, these should neutralize any electricity he sends our way. The rain should help or it'll hurt, so just be careful." Steve said, handing both of them an attachment for their widow's bites that would bring Leeson down without any problems.

"Police scanners are reporting him about a block east of you." They heard Tony say over the intercom.

"Copy that." Natasha said. "Steve, around and try to corner him, Amsel and I will approach from the front."

"On it." Steve answered, and Emilia followed the Black Widow straight to Leeson as they watched another power grid go down. They turned the corner and found him in the middle of the street, trying to harness the power he had suddenly found himself holding. He saw the two of them, recognizing the red-haired Avenger, and assuming the woman with her was a new addition. He turned his head, seeing the famous shield that was wielded by Captain America himself.

"Please, I don't know what happened." Jacob pleaded.

"Mr. Leeson, we're here to help you." Natasha called out, and a look of relief seemed to flood his face.

"I don't know how to stop it." He cried out as the rain started coming down even harder. Another surge of electricity came surging from his hands, erupting through the streams on the street and creating an electric current that shocked both Steve and Natasha.