Chapter 3

(WARNING! This chapter also contains a lot of gore, some mild cursing, and character death/mentions of character death. (Oh, and bloody corpses) Just like the last chapter, if you don't like that, please exit now.
If you're still here, have fun reading! ^-^)

Destination: Somewhere in Kalos where performances are held

With Serena

She walked through the town, seeing if anyone was injured. There seemed to be nothing at first, everything seemed calm. Until, she heard a loud scream. That alerted her attention, so she quickly ran that direction.

After a few minutes, she gasped in surprise as she saw Shauna laying on the ground, with an arrow going through her shoulder. There was blood leaking out of it, like a ton, and she seemed to be struggling to stay alive.

"SHAUNA!" Serena quickly ran over to her. "W-what happened!? W-who did this to you!?"

Shauna coughed, her wound getting worse. "T-Team Flare..." She breathed out. Seemed like that was hard for her to say considering her condition. "I-I was just walking along, when one of them came to attack me. I-I tried to fight back, but they were too strong. T-they managed to shoot this a-arrow into my s-shoulder." She gestures to it.

Serena seemed shocked, but she was destined to help her friend. "D-don't worry! I-I'll get some help!"

Shauna coughed. "I-I'll be fine. Y-you need to go save the o-others."

"But- you're hurt!"

"Heh, I've dealt with more bad shit than this. I'll be fine. Just go."

While Serena seemed to understand, she pulled out a Pokeball and sent her Sylveon out.
"Sylveon, I need you to watch Shauna for me. Get her all the help she needs. Can you do that?"

Sylveon nodded her head. "Sylvy!"

"Thanks!" Serena got up, and ran more farther into the town.

There was dead bodies everywhere. It almost made her sick. She had to cover her eyes with her hat so she didn't get sick all over her new clothes.

"Serena!"

She froze in place. She knew that voice. She quickly stopped and turned around. "Miette?"

There she was. Miette. She was running towards Serena with a large cut in her shoulder. It wasn't that bad, so she was fine. She stopped in front of Serena in order to catch her breath. "They're gone..." She murmured. "T-they're all gone..."

Serena never liked Miette, but she wanted to help her this time. Maybe they can settle their differences now. "W-who's gone?"

Tears spilled from Miette's eyes. "Tierno... Trevor... Mairin..."

Serena froze, tears threatening to fall. "N-no..." She whimpered. "Not t-them..."

"I-I tried to stop Team Flare. But it was too late. They took out all of them before I got there." 

Serena clutched her ribbon. Mairin was like her sister to her. But now... she's gone. Trevor was one of Clemont's best friends. He will not be happy when he hears this. And Tierno... well she didn't know much about him, but he was a good friend to Ash. Everyone is going to be so upset... 
"B-but- it can't end t-this way... o-our journey hasn't ended yet..."

Miette puts her hands on Serena's shoulders. "Serena, let me be honest: Fuck your journey. Everything is a mess now. There is no way Ash can get his next badge when all of this is going on."

Serena arched away from her. "Don't say that!" She snarled. "He'll- we'll find a way! We always do!"

Miette facepalmed. "Serena. Over 100 people are dead, alright? We need to flee. We need to find somewhere else to go to. It's not safe here."

Serena gasped. "I'm NOT just going to leave my friends behind! What kind of sick fuck does that!?"

"Serena, I'm sorry, but it's the only way if you want to live. We'll all be dead if we don't find some way out of this hellhole-of-a-region."

Serena shook her head. "I refuse!"

Miette sighed. "Does your life mean anything to you?"

That struck a bomb. "OF COURSE IT DOES!" Serena shouted. "I VALUE MY LIFE! MEANWHILE YOU JUST WANT TO LEAVE EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE BEHIND LIKE THE FUCKING ASSHOLE YOU ARE!"

Miette jumped at that. "Serena..."

"YOU JUST WANT TO LIVE SO YOU'LL HAVE A STORY TO TELL. WELL I'M NOT HAVING IT. YOU'RE ACTING LIKE YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT YOURSELF! NO-ONE ELSE!"

Miette started crying. "Serena... please..."

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT! IF YOU DIE, IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM!" Serena planted her foot into the ground.

"Serena!" Miette cried.

Serena took a deep breath. "I think we're done h-" She caught something behind Miette. Her eyes widened in surprise. "MIETTE, LOOK OUT!"

"Hu-" Miette began, until a knife was thrown as her through her back, going through her heart.

"NO!" Serena screamed.

Miette's eyes moved to the back of her head, then she fell. Dead.

Tears fell from Serena's eyes. "No- nononononononononoNONONONONO!" She rushed over to Miette and tried to shake her awake. "W-wake up! P-please!"

No movement. She was dead.

She stopped shaking her as soon as she figured that out. "Why did I say that to her...!?" She scowled herself. "If I never spat that out, she'd still be alive!"

Wiping the tears from her eyes, she stood up, looking at Miette's corpse once more, then ran off.

--

A few minutes later, she arrives at the showcase building. But it was blocked by a big boulder. A huge one, in fact.

"Damn it..." She cursed. "Maybe there's a backway..." She runs around the building, and luckily finds a back entrance that wasn't blocked. She opened it, because for some reason it wasn't locked, and walked inside.

It was dark. Really dark. She could smell the fresh scent of death and blood. She had to cover her nose so- like before- she wouldn't get sick.

She then stepped in something. She didn't dare to look down, but she felt like she had to. She slowly looked down, being able to see a bit, and screamed when she saw the Kalos Queen: Aria, corpse on the ground. She was covered in blood, head to toe, and her clothes were torn.

More tears split from Serena's eyes. "Not Aria too!" She screeched. "Why is everyone I know dead!?"

After mourning for a few minutes, she shook herself. "I-I must go on... I have to find Ash and the others." She stood up, scraping the blood off her boot against the ground, and ran out of the building. Little did she know, is that there were other people there. And some of them weren't dead.