My Sister is Our Surrogate

Calum: 24
Flynn: 25
Bindi: 22

January 5 2043

His hands and arms are completely filled with pieces of art that he's forgotten to take home throughout the past few weeks as well as his backpack that he carries to and from work everyday. He practically slipped on the stairs outside that were lined with ice as he panted heavily, his breath fogged out in front of him.

His curls that are held down by a maroon beanie are now falling into his eyes and blinding them, but he doesn't have the hands to try and move the strands from his eyes as he makes his way down the outside hall towards their apartment.

He can practically smell Flynn's cooking from outside which makes his stomach churn ominously. He always teases him telling him that his food is the reason he married him, and then Flynn will have some sly remark of saying that "it's not the only thing of his he likes to eat" and then Calum will blush as he shoves whatever Flynn made into his mouth, barely breathing in between bites.

It's a good thing Flynn's a good cook because Calum is completely hopeless at cooking. One would think with the sweet tooth he has and his love of food he'd be a good cook, but it's actually the exact opposite. He'll eat anything placed in front of it, there's just no way we could cook it.

He never imagined that life could be this amazing. Even when he dreamed about his husband when he was little, imagining what he'd be and what their home would look like, what he would do and what they would act like...none of it even compares to how Flynn actually is. Everything about Flynn is so much better than imaginable.

He finally makes it to the door of their apartment, bending back a bit to try and balance everything weighing against him as he digs in his pocket for his keys, finally finding them as he puts the key against the lock, fiddling with it a bit as he tries to insert it.

The jiggling of the doorknob is enough to alert Scooter of his presence, and he knows the exact moment that Scooter has heard because his barking starts immediately as the jangle of his collar sounds through the hall, his paws taking him as quickly as possible to the door as he barks anxiously awaiting Calum's arrival.

Calum chuckles softly before finally getting the key in the knob as he pushes it open, Scooter's barking increasing in intensity as he claws at Calum's pant legs happily, yaps falling from his mouth as he practically shakes with excitement.

"Hey buddy! Hey Scooter!"Calum laughs, looking down at his little dog that Flynn and him like to joke is their actual child as he quickly sets his artwork on the shoe rack beside the door so that he can squat down and properly greet Scooter.

"Hi buddy, there's my buddy,"Calum laughs, squatting down and holding his arms out for Scooter as he picks him up, holding him in one arm as Scooter swipes his tongue all across Calum's cheek, making Calum chuckle even louder

"Hi buddy, there's my buddy,"Calum laughs, squatting down and holding his arms out for Scooter as he picks him up, holding him in one arm as Scooter swipes his tongue all across Calum's cheek, making Calum chuckle even louder. "Are you so excited to see me? I'm so excited to see you too!"