A Not So Traditional Pregnancy

Flynn: 26
Calum: 25
Bindi: 23

April 11 2043

"She's gonna be fine, babe,"Flynn whispers, leaning down to put his face down towards his husband who's bent over, leaning over his knees with his head in his hands, Flynn's hand on his back, rubbing it soothingly.

"I know, I'm just worried,"Calum murmurs, digging the heels of his palms into his eyes as his legs bounce up and down anxiously. "It's my sister...and if the egg doesn't stick..."

"I know, but she'll be fine and it will stick,"Flynn promises, his eyes scanning over the side of Calum's face before pressing a loving kiss to Calum's cheek. "I love you, bubba."

"I love you too,"Calum sighs with a slight smile, looking towards Flynn as Flynn rests his temple against Calum's.

"We're gonna get a baby, bubba,"Flynn beams quietly, wrapping his arm around Calum's shoulders, squeezing him lovingly. "We're gonna be dads."

"We're gonna be pretty awesome dads aren't we?"Calum smiles with a little snort, resting his forehead against Flynn's as he leans in to press a little kiss to his lips.

"The best dads,"Flynn proudly agrees with a little giggle as Calum giggles softly as well. "We're gonna make the cutest kid, baby."

"Do you think it's gonna be a boy or a girl?"Calum asks, wiggling his eyebrows at Flynn who puckers his lips in consideration and lulls his head from shoulder to shoulder, weighing his options.

"Mmmm, a boy,"Flynn decides, squeezing Calum's hand as he grins at Calum.

"Really? Cuz I think it's a girl,"Calum softly fights, giggling as he drops his forehead down to Flynn's shoulder. "We need to start thinking of names."

"We're hopeless with names, baby,"Flynn laughs, resting his cheek on top of Calum's blonde curls, rubbing his thumb over Calum's knuckles. "We can't agree on any."

Before Calum can respond, there's a knock at the door that makes them both jump slightly, pulling them out of their thoughts as they look towards the door.

"Hi you two,"a nurse greets, peeking into the clinic room where Calum and Flynn are waiting for Bindi to finish her procedure, "we've got a lady at the front desk saying you're expecting her? Acacia Alton?"

"Oh yeah, you can send her in, thank you so much,"Calum grins, nodding in approval at the nurse as she smiles politely and nods, shutting the door behind her as she walks down the hall.

"Our smoothies are here,"Calum chuckles in a singsong voice as he wiggles his eyebrows at Flynn who giggles softly as the door opens.

"Hey guys,"Acacia greets, waving at Calum and Flynn as she walks through the door while Flynn leans over to pull up a chair next to him for Acacia.

She wanted to give Bindi some time alone with Flynn and Calum, knowing very well that this pregnancy was a three person kind of thing, not a four person. She knew that this was something Bindi should just do with her brothers, so she had her go alone to the procedure with Calum and Flynn, but she knew she wanted to be there when Bindi woke up, and of course she brought Bindi her favorite smoothie.

"Hey Casey, how are you?"Calum greets as Acacia walks in, holding a drink carrier as she walks over to the seat that Flynn pulled out for her, beginning to hand out the smoothies to the boys.

"I'm great, how's Bind?"Acacia asks, handing Flynn his mango strawberry smoothie before handing Calum his pineapple kiwi smoothie.

"She got taken back like forty-five minutes ago,"Calum responds, his knees still bouncing up and down uncontrollably to show how nervous he is. "We haven't heard anything, but they should be wheeling her back in soon, they said it shouldn't take longer than an hour."