006 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐉𝐀𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑

THE BLACK JAGUAR

Smoke breaks out from the other side of the stadium. You move over, getting a better view of the tunnel. The crowd starts to scream when the lights shine through the fog. A boy with short brown hair covers his face with gloved hands, and a matching black robe drapes over his body, sparkling under the spotlight.

The fighter begins jogging down the aisle at the cue. Hands reach out towards him, fighting to touch his robe, his hair, his hand — anything.

Then, everyone starts to stomp their feet and clap their hands, following the beat of the song playing throughout the entire stadium. They all fall into sync, the rhythm being two stomps followed by a single clap. You instantly recognize the walkout song.

We Will Rock You accompanies Daichi on his way down the aisle. Another man stays close behind him with an uneven blonde haircut that was saved with a headband. He follows the fighter down the aisle, the flashing lights leading their way through the crowd and to the blue corner where the rest of their team awaits.

"That's his volleyball coach," Kenma leans over, whispering, "Well, he's also his boxing coach, too."

Daichi's lip syncs the lyrics while the crowd brings them to life with their voices. After climbing up the stairs and bending under the ropes to join his team, he turns and waves his fists in the air. He flashes a smile around at the stadium, and when one of his team members removes his robe, exposing his smooth muscles, the crowd becomes even louder.

You admire him from the other side of the ring. He is tall and broad shouldered, his arms looking burly and powerful. Daichi brings his hands up and over his head to stretch his back, abs, and pecs — all just to show off to the audience around him.

A thick white belt wraps around his waist, his name printed in the centre in bold black letters, and his boxing trunks match his black robe. On one leg, his mascot of the crow is printed in orange, contrasting against the dark fabric.

When Daichi turns, you read his stage name on the back of his belt. The Fearless Crow. He even wears boxing boots, with thin white laces to keep the material tight around his feet and calves.

Two boys from his team hold a flag behind him, their school name and logo waving through the air. The face of the mascot is stitched into the centre — the face of a crow.

"Alright!" the announcer calms the crowd down, "Now, let's bring out our second fighter for the night!"

Hissing erupts from behind you. Turning around, you find another tunnel covered in fog, lit up with bright red lights. The Nekoma boys wait by the ropes, grasping on tightly as they watch for their captain. Kenma, on the other hand, moves closer beside you.

You don't realize the increasing speed of your pulse until you see a tall frame emerge from the mist. There is no mistaking him for anyone else, his black bedhead and lousy smirk had become a part of his signature look.

Electric guitar rings throughout the stadium, followed by drums in an up-tune beat. Kuroo raises his red gloves, hyping up the crowd as he sings with them. Your heart jumps when you recognize the song as Eye of the Tiger — and now that you hear it, it is hard not to associate it with the captain.

Just like Daichi, Kuroo has another man accompanying him on his walk to the ring. He has an angular face, similar to Kuroo's, but his hair is kept short and spiky.