Voices in my head

Jeremy's POV

I opened my eyes suddenly and jolted up. ow ow ow ow

Where was I? The last thing I remember was.. oh. Right. The Play.

I recollected my thoughts and memory about what happened that day. Was that yesterday? I couldn't remember. What day was it? Anyway, last thing I remember was giving Christine the mountain dew red and everyone screaming.. my SQUIP was yelling out my name.. he seemed scared for some reason. I shrugged but once I moved, a bunch of pain seared through my body. I assumed that I fell to the floor after the SQUIP incident. I don't think I had any broken bones but it still hurt to move. I looked over at the clock that actually had the date on it as well. It was.. Friday? The play was on Friday but.. the date was next week.?! I was so confused. I turned to my right where I saw Rich in a full-body cast.

"..Hello?" I asked.

"Feelth like you're mithing a part of yourthelf, doethn't it?" Rich asked. His tone seemed thoughtful.

What really shocked me was the way he was talking. Did Rich have.. a lisp?

"..Rich? "

"Hurtth like a motherfricker too. Now be honetht: what are they thaying about me at thchool?"

"Um.." I'd rather not tell Rich about all the gossip and twitter posts. Although, I do think I remember that he did get some flowers in his locker.

"That bad, huh?"

I smiled slightly as a condolence. "Sorry.."

"Thorry? Don't be! I'm better off. That evil tic tac wath tharting to thay thome theriouthly methed up thtuff. "SQUIP the thchool to make everyone happy." It'th crazy, right?!?" He chuckled softly.

I laughed awkwardly, knowing that I actually did what the SQUIP told him to do. "hahahaha.. yeah, crazy."

"When I get outta here, the ladieth are gonna learn to love the real Richard Goranthki!" He grinned.

Rich paused for a moment. It seemed like he was having some sort of epiphany? I dunno. I couldn't see that well now that the SQUIP was gone and my sight was reverted to crap, not to mention Rich being across the room.

"...and the dudeth ..Oh my god I am totally bi!" I blinked. Well.. good for him. Wait- he said that his SQUIP was gone.. how? I only gave the Mountain Dew Red to Christine..

"Our SQUIPs are gone..? But how?"

"Athk your buddy. Anti-thotial headphoneth kid? He'th been by like, a ton, by the way~! Ith he your boyfriend?"

I was taken aback by the question and coughed awkwardly. I shook my head.

Rich then perked up. "Ith he thingle?! I'm totally Bi now!"

Well that took a turn. I wondered what Michael would think if I told him. Maybe I shouldn't...

Oh. it didn't matter anyway, he had already heard everything. I looked past Rich and saw Michael in the entrance of the door.

Michael's POV

(Earlier) The doctors said that Jeremy would be able to go to school today so I made my way to the hospital. Jeremy's dad would meet me there. It was 6:45; earliest I've ever woken up. I got to the hospital and quickly ran upstairs to the ward where Rich and Jeremy were in.