Get Jinxed!

Thank you all for the support on the recent chapters! It is very well appreciated <3. Sorry for not updating in a while, a lot has been happening in my life and I'd like to balance this and my offline life from now on :) 

Anyways, have this draft! It's very out of character for Viktor but it's a nice headcanon (is that what they're called?)

**

Viktor had latched onto a new habit: One where he wouldn't stop Jinxing people. If Jayce and him had the same idea, he would count it as a Jinx and cause Jayce to not talk for a whole 10 minutes.

It was childish, sure, but it made everyone, especially Jayce, love him even more.

"Jayce, what's your favorite color? We'd like to use it for the progress day banner that will be hung up at the ceremony tomorrow night." Mrs. Kiramman asked Jayce, a pen and notebook in her possession.

Before Jayce could answer, Viktor huffed, annoyed.

"What?" Jayce looked at Viktor teasingly. "You're acting like a 4 year old, Vik." Jayce looked back at Mrs. Kiramman, who looked evidently just as confused as Jayce.

"How come he gets his favorite color on the banner, but I don't even get a form of recognition?" Viktor crossed his arms on the table and put his head down on them (Does that make sense?)

"It is quite unfair, but the council-" Mrs. Kiramman began to explain, but Jayce cut her off short.

"Don't worry about it, Mrs. Kiramman. Viktor and I can talk it out later." Jayce excused himself and his partner through gritted teeth. "Anyways- My preferred color is-"

Synchronously, Viktor and Jayce said:

"Navy Blue"

Viktor was shocked that he got it right, but before Jayce could, he exclaimed the well awaited phrase.

"JINX!" He childishly giggled and held up his thumb and index finger in the shape of an 'L'.

Mrs. Kiramman could only chuckle lightly before writing down the name of the color.

"Thank you. It's very appreciated." She smiled and walked out quietly.

Jayce rubbed his forehead with his fingers and looked at Viktor in a way any parent would. It was the look a parent would give their child when they did something unforgivable at school, like poking someones back with a pencil.

Obviously it wasn't anything real, but to play along with the habit, he decided to stay silent until Viktor un-jinxed him.

It was silent for a good amount of time, and Vitor grew bored of it. However, it gave Jayce time to brainstorm new Hextech Ideas and tie up any loose threads with the council such as paperwork and contracts regarding the hexgates.

"Jayce?" Viktor called for him in a soft voice, forgetting that he jinxed him a few minutes ago. "Jayce, I'm tired." He yawned, following the message.

Jayce wanted to say something, but he couldn't speak: So, instead of helping Viktor with whatever he needed, he decided to give him a taste of his own medicine. He would maybe pretend to not hear him either.

Viktor made a noise of annoyance and looked in the corner of the workspace.

"Is that the gemstone?" He looked up, focused more. "Why is it just... there? Shouldn't it be in the claw? Or the Atlas Gauntlet?? Or... away?!" He grabbed it and held it close. "This is years... even months of work!! Why is..." Viktor stopped talking when he realized that Jayce was obviously not going to answer.

"Right. I jinxed you." Viktor put his head down again and carefully played with the gemstone. (Imagine Jinx playing with it in the scene with Thierman *Chuck*. That's how he was playing around with it.)

Viktor put the gemstone back where it was originally, getting bored of it easily, and snuggled his head closer into his arms, fighting against the urge to sleep.

"I'm going to go get a coffee..." He stood up and headed out the lab, leaving Jayce alone.

"What am I ever going to do with him?" Jayce chuckled quietly, waiting for Viktors footsteps to fade slowly.

He did take into account the gemstone being exposed, and hid it inside of a case. He put the case in one of their many drawers, underneath many work piles.

Viktor returned, coffee in hand.

"Hi!" He exclaimed excitedly.

Well, the coffee definitely did something. Jayce uttered mentally.

"I think it's time I un-jinx you." Viktor looked around for the gemstone, and noticed it was gone. He didn't say anything and just went back to his chair.

"Jayce, Jayce, Jayce!" He wore off the "curse", and Jayce turned his chair to look at Viktor.

"Finally!" He stretched and smiled.

"I have a question-" Viktor began. "Why did you ignore me?" He turned into a human version of the "🥺" emoji whilst waiting for an answer.

"Well, you easily forgot about the jinx. You wouldn't be talking if you remembered." Jayce wittily remarked.

"Yeah, yeah." Viktor rolled his eyes and took another sip of coffee. "I don't like coffee." He murmured.

"Why are you drinking it then?" Jayce knew the answer, it was obvious.

"Isn't it obvious?" Viktor inquired.

"It is." Jayce nodded his head and spun a pen with his fingers. "You know how cute it is when you jinx people?" He easily made the other man blush with that.

"Er... No..?" Viktor was flushed and bewildered.

"Well, now you do." Jayce stopped spinning his pen and began writing on the paper again. "Do you have anything to say, though?" He brought himself to speak in a more serious and less playful tone.

"What do you mean by that?" Viktor innocently queried, looking at the man in the eyes.

"What you said to Mrs. Kiramman- Just 30 minutes ago you complained about not getting recognition. You could've told me, you know. I can convince the council to do anything in the blink of an eye." His tone softened and he leaned a bit forward to send the meaning of what he was saying further in Viktors thought process.

"You heard what I said. It's always you. It's never about what I want or what I prefer." Viktor crossed his arms and used his foot to spin around in the chair.

"Viktor. Stop. Look at me." Jayce stood up and stopped Viktor from spinning.

As if it were a miracle, the both of them said together:

"No!"

"Jinx." Jayce declared, and that shut him (Viktor) up for good.