The Cat

Alright now this oneshot is based off of the photo linked above! I'm unsure who drew it but it was certainly not me so PLEASE let me know if any of you find out!

Also, quick question! Should I make part 2 of the "Get Jinxed!" story but with Viktors appearance as the one in the photo? Let me know!!

**

"Viktor?" Jayce called out for his boyfriend calmly.

When he received nothing in response, he decided to call out for him louder.

"Viktor?! Where are you?" He projected throughout the lab and possibly the hallways leading towards it.

Viktor had been distant from him recently and he wanted to know why. Along with him being distant, he was mostly out of SIGHT.

If Jayce did see the sleep deprived man, he would be wearing a hat, a beanie, or a hoodie of some sorts. He was cautious whenever anyone besides Jayce came near him in fear that someone would pull the hood down or take off the hat.

Jayce was glad that Viktor trusted him, but it was confusing as to what could be hidden under that cover.

Now, let's return to Jayce looking for Viktor in a state of curiosity and panic.

"VIKTOR!" He projected once more. "VITYA?!"

"Please keep it down! I'm trying to do something, Jayce!!" Someone whispered from under the table. The accent was silky and familiar, flowing like water through a river.

"Viktor? Why are you under there?" Jayce chuckled as he moved the chair that was blocking Viktor from view.

"Sky kept coming inside and tried to tell me to take a rest from the hexcore. I have to finish it somehow!" He explained, moving over a little to make space for Jayce to sit down.

"She's not wrong, Vik. You have to take a break no matter how long or short it is. The hexcore hasn't been working for weeks, don't you think a little break would help?" Jayce tried reasoning with the other. He had light bags under his eyes and he was constantly yawning whenever he saw Jayce.

Viktor huffed. He didn't like when people went against or disagreed with his opinions or ideas.

"Viktor, I have a question." Jayce decided that now was a better time than ever to ask.

Viktor perked up, and his hoodie moved a bit. He quickly and panickedly moved it back into place.

"What is it?" He asked in a soft tone.

"Why are you constantly wearing hoodies and hats?" Jayce tried his best to not offend the shorter man. "I don't mean to insult you, but it's almost summer, my love."

Viktor blushed at the usage of the pet name but remained unphased with the question. Instead of responding or making a big deal out of it, he shrugged and prayed to whatever God there was up there that Jayce wouldn't further question him.

"Viktor, come on. You can't hide from it forever." Jayce put his hand on Viktors shoulder, which Viktor quickly pushed off. Too close for comfort at the given moment.

"What if I don't want to tell you?" Viktor whispered and put down the pen and notebook he was using to sketch out new ideas for the hexcore.

"You'll have to at some point. Either you tell me right now, or I'll find out later." Jayce tried convincing the stubborn man. He wasn't leaving this space under the desk until he found out.

"Is it embarrassing? Is it something new, perhaps? You haven't worn your hoodies and hats this much until about a month ago." Jayce added on, leaning forwards to read the expressions on Viktors face. His head was facing down, which made it hard to tell if he was smiling or crying.

He held no emotion, but that was better than crying.

"J-Jayce I... I just don't..." Viktor tried getting the words out of his mouth as clearly as he could, but nothing came out without him stuttering or his voice wobbling.

He couldn't even make eye contact with his own boyfriend.

Jayce held Viktors face by the chin and told him to take a few deep breaths. Whatever was under that hoodie was obviously important and serious.

"I... I think I... I can show you." He finally looked up at Jayce with doe eyes and bit his nails whilst Jayce reassured him for another few minutes that he would always love Viktor no matter what.

Viktor took a deep breath and pulled down his hoodie. Viktors face flushed a deep red color as cat-like ears revealed themselves to Jayce.

His ears twitched in the cold of the room and he looked up at Jayce with a worried and nervous expression.

"That's... That's all..." He shortly explained.

Jayce obviously wanted to know how and why this happened, but he was sure he already knew how.

Sky had a cat which would regularly wander around the halls of the labritorial area, and Viktor just so happened to love cats. He would let the cat into the lab sometimes whilst he was working.

Jayce knew that Viktor was on shimmer a few months ago, and the best he could assume is that the cat's fur got into the vial of shimmer and Viktor drank or injected it into himself.

No matter how or why it happened, it was accidental. Cute, but definitely accidental.

"Vitya, you look absolutely adorable with cat ears! You should've shown me earlier!" Jayce exclaimed and brought his hand up to Viktors cheek (ON HIS FACE) and caressed it smoothly.

"I didn't know how you would react..." Viktor slurred his words since half of his mouth was covered by Jayces hand.

"You can always expect the best reactions from me, my love." He comforted Viktor and helped him out of the claustrophobic area. Viktor had claustrophobia, but this area was rather calming to him. The light from the window above the desks shone perfectly outside onto the floor and there was a nice atmosphere with the smell of ink and paperwork.

"How do you think the others will react..? The council? The rest of Piltover?" Viktors breath sped up and he started to bite his nails again. Jayce calmed him down and pulled away his hands from his mouth, patting his back and carefully leading him to their shared bedroom so they could talk more about it.

"If they make fun of you or anything like that, come to me. They love Heimerdinger, why wouldn't they love you?" Jayce connected Heimerdinger's unusual appearance to Viktors ears.

"I guess you're right..." Viktor pushed open the bedroom doors and sat down on the bed once he had gotten close to it.

"One quick thing before I go for a council meeting," Jayce started. Viktor was obviously sad that Jayce was leaving so soon, but he perked up at the idea anyhow. "Can I touch your ears?"

Viktor gasped and nodded his head delightfully. He smiled and leaned closer to Jayce so he could more easily reach them.

Jayce petted the ears carefully as though to not hurt the younger.

A purring noise emitted from Viktor, but Jayce didn't pay attention to it until it happened a second time.

"Did you just purr?" He laughed in amusement.

"N-no..." Viktor covered his face in embarrassment and slight shame and playfully shoved Jayce to the door. "You have a meeting to attend! G-go!" Viktor pushed him out of the room in a playful manner and closed the door behind him, waving him goodbye before doing so.