x: Start a new with a tragedy

December 31, 2000 Sunday 

✦༝ ┉┉ ⋆ (Third Person Point of View)⋆ ┉┉ ༝✦

                [M/N] TUGGED and tried to straighten his montsuki*, making sure his black kimono is clear of dusts that's over his white under-kimono and grey hakama*. Tapping the tip of his wooden zori* onto the ground that snug comfortably at his feet and readjusted his haori*. Not forgetting to [run a hand through his hair to keep it in style and] look over a shop glass window, just to make sure he look at least a little bit...presentable.

It's not like [M/N] is trying to impress someone...Okay maybe he is, but it's not like he's nervous spending new year with this person, it's just that—it's his first time wearing a montsuki. Right. That must be it. 

He slapped his cheeks lightly, nodding to himself to boost his nonexistent confidence as he began to walk towards the meeting spot they agreed to meet after he got off the Kanazawa-Hakkei station.

[M/N] pat his pockets, double checking if he have his wallet with him. He does. Did he locked the door when he left? Maybe he should go back and check—Ah! He's getting nervous the closer he get to his destination. He started fidgeting with the silver bead at the middle of a red bracelet in his wrist absentmindedly while chewing his bottom lip. But why would he? It's not like he's meeting up with a stranger. 

He finally arrived to the place he needed to be. His [E/C] eyes scan around the busy place. People setting up stalls for games, food, or souvenirs. Adults, elderlies, and children alike scatter around the area, running around or simply walking by. [M/N] hummed, fetching his walkman in his pockets—4:20 pm. Is he too early? No, the established meeting time is supposed to be 4, [M/N] just ran late because he's too nervous—but he would never admit that. Could it be that it would be just like last time. Is he going to wait for two hours again?! 

Before [M/N] could curse a certain dumbass, his roaming [E/C] eyes stopped at a particular figure. He smiled unconsciously and his shoulders slump in relief. [M/N] felt what people call deja vu, as he watch the orange hue from the setting sun bounce around Val's frame. The sunset complimented his pretty face wonderfully, as if he was some sort of Japanese prince from edo–period. However, he's with someone else. 

[M/N] observe in the distance as Val smiled at the girl beside him, how he pat her head and chuckled before the girl left. The smile fall from his lips as he frown at the display. [M/N] waved off a foreign feeling in his gut as he stride towards the redhead.

Val turned around when he felt a familiar presence near him. Val smiled as he came face to face with his best friend. "I'm not late this time," Val beamed. Tucking a stray red strand behind his ear before motioning [M/N] to the nearest stall. 

Val is dressed similar to [M/N]. The only difference is their haori, where [M/N] has [F/C]* haori with his preferred pattern, while Val have a black haori with red spider lilies* at the bottom of the sleeves. His red hair tied together by a familiar red tie with a silver bell into a simple long braid that end in his midback.

He wince at the sight of the bandages that cling to Val's face, one was a medical patch in his left eye that never once left his face. [M/N] internally berated himself from what he did last month. "Who's that girl?" [M/N] asked while eyeing the foods they could eat later, mentally shaking his head to chase off his unwanted thoughts. Val quirk an eyebrow, his pink lips curling into a mischievous grin. "Why? jealous?" Nudging the [E/C] eyed boy's side playfully with his elbow.